Friday, March 17, 2006

Checkin' In

Hey all, Just popping in to say hi and to see how things are going. The blogs are pretty quiet...I gues some are as exhausted and caught up in other stuff as I am. Well our new PM will take over on 30 March according to the newspaper. Kinda weird to be taking over the reigns on a Thursday but hey....whatever floats their boat. It would seem that there are many critics who feel that the current PM should demit office immediately for a number of reasons. To me, it's a neither here nor there issue. Reality is that there is going to need to be a transition period. Right now we are staring the new financial year and all it brings right in the face. Wish us well. Can't say much about what has been happening because basically it is all related to campus life. Well so far the assignments and tests have gone well. I did another test on Monday and I'm confident that I have passed that one. Wasn't so sure about the one before but the tutor surprised me with a B+ so I'm not complaining. I have not gotten the grade for the group presentation but we are pretty sure we passed that as well. Three projects to go before final exams in May. Then the new semester starts at the beginning of June. Yes, I go all year with about 3 weeks or so between each semester. Other than that ...... nothing much to report. I've seen this before but in the absence of anything better to share with you I will leave this here and just wish you guys a great weekend. The Guys' Rules At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down Finally, the guys' side of the story. (I must admit, it's pretty good.) We always hear "the rules" From the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note.. these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE! ___________________________________ 1. Men ARE not mind readers. 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down. 1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be. 1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way. 1. Crying is blackmail. 1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it! 1. Yes and No are perfectly Acceptable answers to almost every question. 1. Come to us with a problem only If you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for. 1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor. 1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 Days. 1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't Expect us to act like soap opera guys. 1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. 1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one . 1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself. 1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials. 1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we. 1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is. 1. If it itches, it will Be scratched. We do that. 1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle. 1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear. 1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear Is fine... Really. 1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or golf. 1. You have enough clothes. 1. You have too many shoes. 1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape! 1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; but did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping. Well I went blog visiting this morning. Stopped by all my links but didn't comment on all. Noticed that afew had disappeared...Small Island Girl and Bajan Queen were nowhere to be found :(.....so this is just a shout out to all those who I haven't gotten hold of....Take care.

6 comments:

Deelze said...

LOL....Too funny!

I have to say since you know that writing this you would end up on the couch then go out with a bang!! *smile*

Hey have a great weekend!

~Smooches~

Unknown said...

yep, I'm under the school pressure myself. I have my seminar project coming up. Hang in there.

Abeni said...

Yup,my brother used to give me the same toilet seat argument.I admit he got a point-lol

Rev Island said...

HI Scratchie

Thanks for passing thru my ever so dormant blog.. do well in those exams. I think "demit office" is an undeservedly elegant phrase. "Getting the hell out" would be more appropriate, I think.

Jdid said...

still getting good marks i see, keep up the good work

Deelze said...

I was having technical difficulities with my damn blog....

I finally figured out how to fix the damn thing.

I hope things are going good with you!

~Smooches~