Thursday, July 13, 2006

Idle Chatter

I saw someone's MSN name this week and it said that in a few years Italy's win at the recently concluded World Cup will be forgotten but Zidane's head butting will be remembered forever. I won't pass any judgement on the man since I don't know what would drive his actions in this direction. I have not walked in his moccasin, as my old English teacher would have said. The NBC news this morning showed the many games and video clips that have been made surrounding this incident. It make you wonder how so many people have so much idle time on their hands. Then again I called this an idle chatter post so I guess I am a part of that group too....

9 comments:

dorna! said...

Ya hah. ;)

Anonymous said...

Like I said, its the weird and wonderful things you'll remember in events... like the 94 World Cup when Andres Escobar was shot after his own goal... who won the 94 Cup again? Hmmm...

Abeni said...

I think they even have a video game of it.One thing for sure Zidane ended his career in an unforgettable manner:)

Unknown said...

Materazzi insulted Zidane. How I'm not sure. It sure made the finals more interesting.

Marc M said...

another soap opera of sorts.

Mad Bull said...

Who won the 94 World Cup? - Brazil!

Unknown said...

Yep Zidane is a real "Goatman"! I saw those clips too, he sees to have a problem with head butting.

Mad Bull said...

Hey, I will be in Jamaica after Thursday for a week, would be nice to link up again. Check my site to post suggestions for link up spot and date/time nuh?

Mad Bull said...

Hail up, Sir Scratchie. Long time no read. I am here to request "More Bloggage"! BTW, I hope you read about the blogger linkup. If you are coming, is it possible for you to be there earlier than 9:00 PM? Say 7:00 or 8:00PM. See the details on the same post on my blog... Right click and select "Open in a new browser window" here.