Friday, July 28, 2006

Bloggers Link and other stuff

Well, we had our little link up on Wednesday night and a good time was had by all I would think. We missed a few of those especially the ladies but it went well none the less. My main objective was to meet Kami with whom I have been chatting with online for quite a while. No disappointment there. She is indeed a very beautiful person. Her personality is contagious. Her aunt who accompanied her is quite interesting and I am happy to have met them in person FINALLY. Gela is certainly a fun person. Full of life and a personality that draws you to her. Francis is a character of laughter. I won't try to call all the names lest I forget someone but save to say they were a great group of Caribbean people. Talk and laughter ranged from travelling, to blogging to you name it we talked about it. The venue was nice but a little taxing on the pockets but we'll live. I can safely say that KFC it is not. Well you know how my blog goes at this time of the year....school takes over my life and until exams are over you don't see me. That cycle continues I'm sorry to say. This summer we are cramming 14 weeks worth of work into 10 weeks. And cramming in this case is an understatement. I had 2 presentations this week and after many sleepless nights (and I am being very literal here) they were both made last night. I think they went well but only the lecturers will know for certain. I can safely say "relief". I haven't done as well as I would have liked this summer. I was ill for quite a bit of the time and I know that the poor old body is saying, quite emphatically I might add, that I need to slow down a bit. I actually was on sick leave for a while so my grades suffered. I haven't failed anything but I certainly won't be the head of the class in these courses. I did receive good grades in the latter part of the courses but I don't know if it will be enough for my covetted "A's". Can't make blood out of stone can we.... I am to be reassigned next week so I am not sure where I will be or if I will have access but all in due course. Well the old car is acting up again. Nothing serious but I long for the day when i can get a new one. That seems to just get further and further away. My son starts college in August and fees have to be paid so no resources for any new car now. The plan was to get one after I finish in 2007 but that may have to wait a little longer. Oh well. Whatever will be will be. Cable and Wireless is trying my last nerve. I think I may have to finally get rid of them and resort to using only their home service (and I am considering getting rid of that too in favour of cell phones. It makes no sense having the phones and service if you can't access them. All I get when I call the office is a 15 minute hold some elevator music and promises to address the matter which usually amount to naught. Tired of the crap!! I think they may be over-extending themselves in the shadow of the fear of Flow. Whatever they are doing is only serving to term people off. Short term lock in to a contract with poor service = long term lost customers. Learn from your cellular experience C&W. Other than that I am getting ready for my semester finals which will run from next week till 14 August so if you don't see me you know why.
In closing, this blogger says thank you and pays credit to a fantastic Jamaican who lived her life for the things she thought were important to us as a people...Jamaican, Trinidadian, Bajan, Vincentian, Caribbean people all. Miss Lou, walk good and Rest in Peace. Clap har!!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend all.

12 comments:

Yamfoot said...

good luck in your exams.

Gela said...

Just mek sure yu find time to post once in a while man. Cho! ;)

Unknown said...

All the best with school and the exams. I start again at the end of next month, the final lap for me too.

I would love a new car myself, but the money ain't working for me either. The price of living in Jamaica.

C&W does have a serious problem, they always seem to be turning people away with every new service they offer.

Marc M said...

Rest in peace Miss Lou.

Anonymous said...

Hello Scratchie
Came through via Guyana Gal. Wow, I didn't know such a community of blogs existed, but I spend much of my internet time doing research and stuff for my website. Glad to drop onto your page. Looks like you are on the right track in life. Good to see. Good luck with school. I will be back. dawn

Mad Bull said...

Nice... you did cover everything. Good luck with the exams and with the Lotto, so you can get the car AND send the son to college.

Till you gimi sup'm fi read again...

Campfyah said...

Well Scratchie, it's gonna be all over before you know it. Hang in there. Good things come to those who prevail. Good luck on your exams and good to see your Tall One off to University.

Jdid said...

good luck with the exams man. sorry to hear you were ill. body must be saying you need some rest

Anonymous said...

Everybody has linkups now, you doan have a life?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

You need a long term good mechanic for the car, Scratchie. Wish I could send you our Mr. Singh :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Scratch. Thanks again for the ride home. The link up was great. Looking forward to the next one.

CoolDestiny said...

Cable and Wireless sucks big time. I can't wait for Flow to hit the streets fully.