Friday, August 04, 2006

Weekend

Well the week has come to an end and I am actually looking forward to the rest that Saturday and Sunday and Monday will bring. This week is a fantastic week here in Jamaica since we celebrate Emancipation Day on the 1st of August and our Independence Day is on 6th but since it is a Sunday we get the Monday off. Thiss week has been not bad. I am actually spending some time with the guys from school for our 25th year reunion. On Tuesday I decided to take on young boy sports in old age body. Football!!!! Nearly passed out after an hour of play.
Well a little bad news. Condolences to my friend T who lost her grandmother this week. I spend a good while with her last night and she is really taking it hard so keep her in mind. She is a victim of the Caribbean phenomenon of being raised by her grandmother after her mother's death at about age 5. She has therefore lost the only mother she has known. Remember her for what she means to you T and try not to focus on the pain of her not being there. Another friend M lost her father this week as well. She is on the mend but I figure that she will have a harder time at the funeral. So I have 2 funerals scheduled for next week.
On another note, I got some grades and I am happy. I will be going into my Global Marketing exam with an excellent grade. As a matter of fact if I fail this course you have all permission to call me an idiot. I also handed in two other projects this week which I am awaiting results for. I am officially worried about only one course this semester but hey I am hoping for the best.
Got the car fixed. do it yourself work. Thought I would have to give the mechanic but it turned out to be the end result of water getting into a bearing and rusting it. New bearing and $700 or just about US$11 later I am again running smoothly.
I have again been reassigned to my old job. My acting appointment stint has officially ended so I am back to the old boring job I was doing last year at this time. I actually am missing the acting job but .......
Other than that things are reasonably good.

9 comments:

Mad Bull said...

Sounds like you are ready for more responsibility (and money) Just hold on a little bit, till you finish the UWI course. I got great grades in all my marketing courses too, I used to love them! If I get bored in IT, maybe I will try to switch to marketing... What do you think?

Unknown said...

Sorry about your friend's loss. Glad you fixed your car troubles and that you're getting on well academically.

Marc M said...

Sorry about your friend's loss. Glad that the academics is going good.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Glad to know yuh shot up the exam, keep it up and yuh will be criss for the paper next year.

Abeni said...

Just support the friend in their time of loss.Studies soon done unless the Masters beckoning:)

Gela said...

Congrats Scratchie, must take a leaf outa your books with the studying, I'm so indisciplined that way.

Rev Island said...

Glad to hear the grades are doing well, and dont let us call you by your suggested title.

Jdid said...

ssorry about your friends granny
congrats on the grades though

Cali J said...

Good job on fixing the car yourself: I have started doing things on my car myself too and it saves so much money!