Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Updating you All

Well many things have come and gone since I last posted. I decided to grace here with my presence before I get struck off some people's reading list. :D Well the Caribbean travelling blogger is back home and I gather that her trip was good. School is officially on holidays for me. I will be off for a whopping 9 days. :( Not much of a break is it? On a better note the exams came and the exams went. I think I managed to get by in both so I can rest easy until the next salvo of schoolwork hits in my direction.
During the 1st week in August my graduating class from high school had a week of activities to mark the 25th anniversary of our graduation. Damn, I'm old!!!! Grandpa is officially in the house. No none of my children have had any kids so I am only being figurative here. Although it is quite possible. The Tall One is actually 18 and is starting his college programme in the same year that I am finishing mine so we will see each other at school for this year. The reunion went well and unlike what you would expect it was about meeting old friends rather than "where we are in life". Why am I not surprized since this group of guys have always been different. We even have a mailing group so we are in touch quite a bit. The activities went well and the activities were well planned. Thought is for the next one to be in Florida. We'll see...
Well I see that one of my old blog reads is back. Welcome back Melody. Don't know if she will stick around but I do hope so. Her posts have always been exciting to read and so much of her goes into them. I guess only time will tell. In the mean time I will continue to stop by.
I haven't been doing much reading myself...not to mention posting but I have 9 days to catch up. I will most certainly do so.
Well I checked my laptop in light of Dell's recall of some 36 series of batteries. Mine is thankfully not among them. Not that I wouldn't want a new battery, but at least mine shouldn't do any crazy stuff on me. BTW have you noticed that I haven't mention anything else about my computer build? It is still in the making. I have most of the parts but just have not gotten the case as yet. I was actually awaiting a used machine to do some scavenging of keyboard, monitor and case but I am still waiting. My source is tied up and so I will wait some more especially since the quoted price is next to nothing so wait I shall.
What are my plans for my short break?....the bed sounds exciting at this point.
We'll see though. Right now though I need to go do some work so till later....
Addendum: I did some long outstanding linking of some blogs. If I've still missed out people please don't get upset, just drop a line saying..."Hey what about me?" and I'll do the necessary.

4 comments:

Abeni said...

With the Tall one looks I won't be surprised:)

Enjoy your 9 days off too

Unknown said...

Been a while Scratchie. 25 years. Just like Dr.D.

Melody said...

Hi, Scratchie, much luv 4 linkin' de Piggy in your post. Yup, ah really did put mi-self into mi blog. OMG. Was reluctant 2 start writin' 'pon everybody's blog in light ov de 'endless hiatus' but all de warm links (U & Kami even blogged mi a welcome/intro!!) have been exceptional and much appreciated. U & your family enjoy your days off. Kisses!!

Unknown said...

AHhh! don't mention school! I should be starting back the same time as you, but i am going on vacation next week, so i will put school on hold for the next 3 weeks. I actually picked up my package today, Lawd the school fee! Don't know how I wil manage.

Dell gave me a scare today too, but thankfully my battery isn't on the list.