Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just Another Post

Well people Monday started my final year at school. I have officially only three semesters to go before I graduate and put another chapter of life behind me. My course load this semester is pretty good. I will only have one final exam as all the other courses are graded on projects and in class presentations. It willbe an intense semester but I will manage as always. Wifey is elated as all her students that sat CXC were successful in the Language exam and only three failed at Literature. This is her 1st year teaching CXC level and it has proven to her that she is among the best out there. The return to my old desk is as frustrating as I expected but my focus is on August 2007. I have decided that on completion of my studies I am going to look outside for opportunities. Don't worry no rash moves just need a change. I think my present employer puts too uch emphasis on paper qualifications and ignores the qualities of the incumbent. That cannot be the way to go. I fact it goes against my very course of study which emphasizes the best candidate. The result of their choice of hiring has resulted in many frustrated employees who stay for relatively short stints. Well Ernesto decided to run away and hide in the US. After being on direct course for Jamaica that sent many people scrambling for emergency supplies, Ernesto turned and tackled Cuba instead. Can't say that I'm complaining too much. My fight with my ISP continues. I made some headway last week but I am still unhappy with the volume of dropped signals when I am on a DSL connection which is to be always on. As usual the C&W people obviously have not a clue about how to fix the problem. I have little or no faith in their expertise. Well excitement loomed as night before last a group of gunmen stole a motor vehicle in Mona and went on a robbery spree. They went to Harbour View and held up a fast food business. They then drove into downtown and were accoste dby police on patrol. A gun battle ensued and the gunmen were shot and killed. Frankly speaking I have no sympathy for them. As a matter of fact I wish more crimes would end this way since it is the only way we seem to be able to cure the island of this problem. I say well done without apology. Anyways, I was just doing a short post but guess my mouth has the runs. Take care all.

11 comments:

Melody said...

Knock these last 3 semesters out de ballpark, Scratchie. And congrats to Wifey on a job very well done.

Mad Bull said...

Wikid re the last year of school thing. I second Melody's motion!

Abeni said...

Tell wifey congrats.Masters next?

Scratchie said...

I will tell wifey. Kami, now I know yuh have it in for me. I will make sure not to let you out of my sight for fear of being massacred. lol No masters for me....not until the poor little brain get some well deserved rest.

Unknown said...

Congrats to the wife, good job!

I too start final year of school next week...well should have started this week, but I am on vacation and my school fee nuh pay yet!

Remnants of U said...

Congrats to your wife, and you. Wow your last year, huh? How exciting...I am in week 2 of school, after being out for a few years, the second time. Math is already killing me. :-)

Yamfoot said...

it's rewarding when students learn. Kudos to Mrs Scratchie.

I want to see a film of our police in a shoot out with the gunmen. I dont know how come our policemen always come out unscathed.

Unknown said...

Congrats to you and your wife on your progress. I'm in 2nd year now. I posted about the robbers and their just demise.

Jdid said...

best of luck finishing up school and congrats to wifey

Rev Island said...

When you say look "outside" you mean outside your employer? My C&W dsl is ok. I need to upgrade, though, I only have 256, need more gasolina.

Marc M said...

Good luck with the last bit a school.