Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Little Piece of Jamaica that Flies

I saw one of our aircraft flying low overhead this morning and it looked soooooooo good. Air Jamaica is one little piece of Jamaica that takes the beauty and the glory of the Jamaican people wherever it goes. I got these photo through a Google search. The last photo shows the colour scheme of the older Air Jamaica era. Kinda dull and boring, nuh true? The latest colour scheme is depicted on the other 2 aircraft. It just struck me that few other countries can boast of an icon of their nation that is arguably the "most beautiful bird in the sky". Have an Air Jamaica kinda day.

10 comments:

Abeni said...

BWEE,BWEE

Camille said...

VERY nice shot, scratchie!!! VERY NICE!!!

Unknown said...

I remember the old design, they had that the first time I travelled. I must agree the new design looks fantastic!

But the big bird might be in trouble, Spirt Airlines just baought a couple of planes to start flying to Jamaica! An dem prices nuh too bad!

The Humanity Critic said...

The color scheme is rather interesting.

Mad Bull said...

Love the look. Most mornings (if I am early enough, I see one flying over as I drive down Shamrock Road towards George Town. I really hope they sort out all their problems and that they don't get their wings clipped.
I love you, Air Jamaica... 'cept when you make me late or lose my bags!

Angry Dog said...

Love the color scheme rude bwoy! Hated the old ones so much it wasn't even funny!

Marc M said...

Yea no denying that Air Jamaica has been overall a national treasure as much as I like to complain bout certain things sometimes (lost luggage, dem need to change tire while I'm on the plain, etc)

dorna! said...

Very festive. I like...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words and everyones support despite the hard times...Air Jamaica Employee(surfin the web)

Anonymous said...

*singly slightly off key* soaring, soaring, soaring to new heights!
am i the only one who got goosebumps from their new ad campaign. i like what you said scratchie, 'the little bit of jamaica that flies' two thumbs up, well except for the delays, lost luggage and ill-mannered stewardess, although i'm usually there catching the suss and have never been on the wrong side of the stick with one of them :)