Monday, January 09, 2006

Free Paper Bun!!!

Well my last day of the school holiday was spent looking about the car. I have been calling it a piece of scrap iron and I'm going to behave myself because it has served really well over the past few years. So the one time it decides to act up isn't sufficient for me to be dissing it. The pothole scene in Jamaica finally took its toll on the ride. I had to change almost the entire front end over the course of Friday and Saturday. Control arms, ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends and finally an alignment were the order of the day. Thank God for Nissans otherwise parts alone would have seen me "in debt up to my eyeballs" as one commercial put it. :) In all I spent about US$175.00. I use the US cost so most of you can relate. That's about $12000.00 Jamaican. Quite a hefty sum out here. Good thing is that the car feels great. no more squeaking and groaning and strange sounds when you drive on less than ideal roads. As my heading says...back to school today. Classes are Mondays to Thursday and most finish at about 8:00 or 9:00....arrrrgggggh!!!!!! So after a long day at office I will have to drag my sorry self up to campus and sit and endure the torture of lectures and tutorials for another 14 weeks followed by exams in weeks 16 and 17. Can you resign from school?....I don't know but I'm gonna give it a try and see if they accept the resignation. Nah....only 5 semesters to go so I may as well tough it out. Had dinner with wifey's family last night and it was a pretty enjoyable evening. Met a classmate at the supermarket who had gone to have her baby. Congrats to her and her little girl who should be about 3 months old or so. She told me of another classmate who also had a little girl recently so congrats to her too. So that makes only one young lady who I have not heard about. I neglected to get a phone number for her but I know she used read here some times. Hope all went well with her delivery too. Anyways I gone do some work since I wasn't here on Friday. Later all.

3 comments:

Abeni said...

5 semesters is a nice way to count down.Car is bare stress!

Unknown said...

I feel your pain, I had to do some front end work on my car sometime ago, cost me about the same.

Yes the torture of school after work and one whole day of work starts for me too.

CoolDestiny said...

Dr D is so bad ... but Scratchie would have been a very apporpriate title. Don't sweat, before you know it, the school thing will be over. A friend of mine once said a car is like a child, you will spend on it forever!! Glad to know it riding smooth now still.