Monday, August 15, 2005

Girl Attack

Strange title?....maybe not. In one of my lectures the other day, the whole argument of women in the workplace and dress and sexual harassment came up. Quite an interesting discussion but one part I would like to share is the view that ladies will always be "harassed" they will always be subject to the stares and the whistles and the suggestive comments simply because it is in the nature of the beast..... PHAT attack if you will.
I always thought it was a misspelling of the word fat until a few months ago I was enlightened to the fact that it is used as an acronym..... P = that catlike part of the female anatomy, H = hips, A = her most admired ass-et, and T = the milk factory. No disrespect ladies.
It was in fact the lecturer who pointed out that all ladies carried the same features and it was these features that the male of the species is attracted to. The beauty, variety...let me stop there before I get myself into more trouble. In other words the male cannot but observe the obvious beckoning that these anatomical features present to him. It is however in the will of the female as to whether or not she is willing to allow the encounter as expected by the male. It is in the maturity of the male to accept the will of the female and move on to other more willing creatures of splendor.
I went a step further to use this theory to try to explain sexual preferences but it never quite panned out. I can see the male female attraction and I can ....to a lesser extent... see the female to female attraction after all PHAT is PHAT but I for the life of me still cannot fathom the male to male one. Maybe I should leave that to when it's time for me to do my research paper. I don't think the university review board will sanction me doing my research on PHAT.
Have a great day all.

11 comments:

dorna! said...

But why? I think it would make a hell of a paper.

Abeni said...

And here I was thinking PHAT meant pretty hot and tempting:) I suppose the things that attract women to men may be the same things men seek out.Do the research tho

Camille said...

:-) Interesting post scratchie! And a very current affair too. I can even hear the titles "That which attracts". heh.

BTW: I was given two definitions for PHAT back in the day... the one you outlined and "Perfect Hips and T---".... :-S I think that last one was given to me just to "hol' me" if you get mah meaning.

On a slightly more serious note, if you can get past the point to which you are unable to appreciate the attractiveness of another of your own gender, then it's a hop, skip and jump to see why full-blown attraction MAY be possible. And I stress may... you don't have to be able to say "My Word! That [man|woman] is HOT!!!" - if yuh get mah drift. ;-)

Yamfoot said...

I learn sometehing new today re PHAT.

Now, re sexual harrassment. Sometimes I have no sympathy for those women who cry harrasmment. Women, as far as I am concerned, know that men are attracted to them even if they dress up like Sister Mary Magdalene.

Now when they choose to wear short skirts and blouse dat show their bossom, is must be in an effort to get the whistles and stares. You can look feminine without skirts under your butt and your tits showing.

But anyway, I not saying that if man hold them down it serve dem right. Man must learn how to hold dem corner.

Women can set parameters int eh office. The frist time a man approach her with outaorder argument and she not interested in dem tings, she must tell di man that he cross the line. He will learn from dat.

Re female to female and male to male attraction, it is only those who feel it who can describe the feeling.

To each his own.

Jdid said...

i juss thought phat was a bastardization of fat aka large like as in living large, living well, living phat. i think all them definitions pretty hot and tempting, etc come out after the term started neing in use.

Anonymous said...

Ai yi yi. I did not know that PHAT had such a meaning. I tell you, the internet is an enlightening thing. Like Abeni, i thought it meant pretty, hot and tempting.

as for the sexual harrassment in the workplace, no woman should open the door for a mans attempt and no man should step upon the ground he is not welcomed (easily told by body language) to or use the excuse that he is a man who can't see anything but PHAT.

your research is bound to be good if you decide to do it.

much love scratchie. always a good read when i pass thru. happy to know everything is still going good as ever.
nena

Marc M said...

I find it quite striking that few people knew of PHAT as an acronymn. Though I prefer to leave it at Pretty Hot And Tempting...

Campfyah said...

I'll be damned, and here I was thinking that I was up on the latest slang. I always thought that PHAT was the latest slang for living the luxirous life.... yuh livin large and Phat...PHAT as in nice, cool, hot...she got on a PHAT pair of shoes...never even associated it with such a meaning.

As for sexual harrassment, the human speices is an interesting bit. Only yesterday, as I was walking the streets, a man behind me on the other side of the street was busily psssting at me...I'm thinking what the hell' he hasn't seen my face, I'm wearing a simple skirt and top, nothing tight, short or flashy and he busy pssting...I just didn't get it.

Go for that research topic, you never know, they just migght accept it. Dr. Scratchie

Mad Bull said...

I'm with Jdid, the acronyms were built arter the word came into wide usage, and based on my understanding, it describes a pretty, hot, sexy, voluptuous woman. Voluptuous is important. If you pretty, hot and sexy but you not voluptuous, you not phat. Still, most people seem to have relaxed the use of the word till it now means Pretty hot and tempting...

Scratchie said...

Yup, and from what I gather there are several variations and meanings that the masses have added as the time goes by. There are those in caps, those with the letters seperated by fullstops and several combinations in between. I found several and I basically picked one that I could work with and one that wasn't too crass. The one I used was tempered somewhat so as not to offend my female readership.

brooklyn babe said...

Interesting fi true. But can I take it a step further and bring your PHAT theory over to the animal kingdom. How come there's no cross preference there? Male and Female only.... when ever have you seen any male and male animals?