Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Crying Out

Well people my blog is crying out......for neglect. I have been having a really busy time at work and being out in the open just isn't helping so I tried the night thing but then it's a competition with the kids who want to play Sims and Virtual DJ andMSN messenger so I'm left out in the cold. So I've decided that enough is enough...they can have the machine. I'm gonna go find something less interesting to do. Sleep...gardening...washing the car maybe. No :) I'm gonna buy a router and have an adventure networking my house. I'm pretty proficient with the computer but have never gotten into the whole networking thing so I figure that I'm gonna have a few mishaps but I'm gonna try it....worse thing that can happen is that it fails miserably. Other than that Christmas is coming and I'm not quite ready for it yet. I think I'm going to mount a demonstration this morning. My placard will read.."We want Christmas postponed..." Think it will work? I figure that if I get it pushed back by about a month I should be good to go. The last couple of nights has been spent updating compi which is also suffering from neglect. I reloaded everything last week but because the kids have been at it I haven't been doing the updates and so every time i turn on the machine it does a few. Last night it did like about 26. I turned off auto update and am going to do some reading because I don't think it needs every and any of the releases, so I've set it to alert me about available updates and let me choose which ones apply to me instead. Last night the updates and the antivirus were fighting it out for bandwidth with me chatting to friends online...a most annoying experience so no more auto anything....me run tings.
Oh...I decided to go to the mall on Saturday and part of Sunday.....nuff chaos. Luckily The family decided to go early. My early was like 10:00a.m. If yuh eva si di crowd :O I got parking in the 4th shopping centre (Tropical Plaza) and just stayed put for the day. (Oh there are 5 shopping centres joined together to make what we Jamaicans call the plazas. It is nowhere as big as the US malls but hey...we gotta work with what we got ;) The rest of the day was spent walking back and forth and trying to deal with gifts for the family type people.
Sunday I actually went to see King Kong. It's the 1st in a long while since I've been to the movies. School always came 1st. I like this idle time. I think it's the longest break I've had from classes since I started in 2002. All my exams were crammed into the 1st half of the schedule so it resulted in extra vacation time for me. The movies was......no comments. Not my style but not a bad movie either. All I can say is that the directors spent a lot of time getting up to the meat of the matter and then seemed to rush through the meat part to the dessert.
I'm going to pay some more blog visits later on, but in the meantime...take care.

6 comments:

Abeni said...

Network,network is the way to go.If Christmas got postponed you'll still be catching up:)

Jdid said...

boy the shopping thing aint easy at all
networking computers now thats something i ant to do sometime

Camille said...

What kind of router you getting scratchie? I route also and it wasn't so hard... but then, I not really doing anything plentiful.

Would love to hear more about this project of yours - keep me posted, eh?

Campfyah said...

Postponing Christmas ein gonna help, so just deal wid it and glad when it's ova. ha ha ha
Happy Holidays, hopefull the wifey will get you, your own personalized laptop and then you don´t haff fight wid de kids fi de puter at night.

Merry Christmas.

CoolDestiny said...

Can you imagine how mad all the children would be if Christmas were postponed? I'm sure you wouldn't want to be "that guy who postponed Christmas". Enjoy the free time while it lasts ... Lucky for me I only bought one gift this year and am not getting all caught up in the Christmas hype. Whole heap of unnecessary spending .. I can't afford that right now at all.

Unknown said...

Fi real, you have been away for some time. I can't relate to the crowded plazas, i have been avoiding them successfully so far and I don't intend to break my record.