Thursday, December 01, 2005

Lights! Camera!....Christmas


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Well Christmas is definitely in the air....at least it is in New York. Last night I sat and watched the lighting of their huge Christmas Tree and it marks the beginning of the season in my neck of the woods. I swiped this photo from the WNBC site. Apparently they have a tree cam so if you want you can go there and see it live at any time. It was sooooooo much prettier in the night but I saved that picture at home so this will have to do.

I'm still not feeling the season but that will come too I guess. The last few days have been spent hunting for a computer. The one at home is working fine all be it 5 years old. But I had spent a lot of time and effort building it so it can still run with the best of them. Only thing showing some date is the processor and I'm not too worried about that since it is still pretty fast. I've finally decided on a notebook. Don't know where the cash is gonna come from yet but frankly, with these lots of presentations and group assignments at school the laptop is fast becoming a necessity and not a choice. I'm am tired of having to borrow them and beg and then end up still not getting the work done as how I would want it so I am gonna make the plunge. Choice right now is between an ACER and a DELL. I like the Compaq for looks but I've had bad experiences with their desktops in the past so not sure if I should chalk it up to "one of those things" and try them again. I like the ACER because all in all it offers the best package but then shipping to Jamaica is gonna be an issue...(an expensive issue I might add). DELL sends their stuff here so that won't be a problem. Which do you guys like Heard them debating in the news this morning about whether or not the newspaper carries too much about the violence and crime. It seems that one newspaper has vowed to stop carrying it front page. I don't want to quote since I haven't seen the paper as yet but apparently it is felt that by carrying all this stuff on front page it glorifies the dons. I can't argue with that. Frankly speaking I find the front page of the weekday papers depressing most mornings hence me not buying a during the week newspaper in years. I buy the Sunday Gleaner because usually the paper is a lot tamer then. Will it help?...Your guess as good as mine but it certainly can'thurt. I got my ham last night....yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!! Pork haffi deh yah fi di season. Sorry fi all di dread dem roun di place. Dem cyan call dun fyah pon mi if dem want....gwey!!!!!! Ham fi nyam!!! So last night I was reminded twice that Christmas is around the corner. Anyway I gone....have a great day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Scratchie, I want a laptop myself...but like you mi caan find dem breed a money deh! I will just have to continue bouncing with my clone until better comes. My coworker was showing me the ACER, impressive, but I can settle for a dell notebook.

Hmmm Ham!!!

dorna! said...

Step away from the Compaq. Trust me, no good will come of it.

Marc M said...

I have a Dell notebook - the Inspiron 600m and I'm loving it. I like the design its slick, light and I have had few problems.

De Immigrant said...

Yes Scratchie, DO NOT get the Compaq whatever you do! Safest bet is the Dell. The Xmas ting too commercial now so it always turns me off. But once my daugther is happy about the season then so am I, its all for the kids now anyway.

Abeni said...

Go with the Dell.Nobody in my part of the Caribbean studying Christmas as yet-is all about elections til Dec 7th.

You sure get your ham early

Camille said...

Mahself been lookin at the lappies that abound... had a chance to run my hand over a couple in FLL this last visit. For me - the dream lappy is a Sony Vaio that can fit into my pocket.... bwahahahahahahaha


Seriously tho - I've been carting around the work's Dell for a little over a year and I have just one problem with it which according to the experts is a standard with the Latitude D600... motherboard change. And those are the OLD ones. I think Dell is the best bet, honestly. I have no complaints and that laptop goes with me everywhere.

Good luck.