Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hey All

Well the week has been pretty much routine so far. Can't say I mind though. It certainly is a change from my hectic schedule of the past month. I had the privilege of attending a luncheon hosted by my organization for its pensioners. The food wasn't bad and it was nice to see some of the persons who had served the organization so well over the years and who have gone on to retirement. I knew quite a few of them, most in fact. Tells me I'm getting on in age here. In retrospect I have been here some 20 odd years since high school. Whoa!! lots of years that. Only when you see all these persons together do you realize how many persons have come and gone over the years, those who have migrated, moved to other jobs, retired or died. I can honestly say that I have seen almost a complete staff change since I have been here. Time............ I was watching the NBC news this morning and they have been featuring this man who shot and killed a policeman in NY during these past few days. I was so surprized to hear that Al Sharpton plans to visit the precinct today because he feels that it is irresponsible for persons who protest police killings of "innocent" civilians not to protest the injustice when a policeman is unjustly killed. Might be just a token visit but at least it is a balanced token visit. Honestly, I wish Amnesty International and Jamaicans for Justice would take a leaf out of his book. Usually you only hear them when one side acts up. Anyways I was just keeping it light today. Gone to do some reading so later.

2 comments:

slybabyk said...

Very good point Scratchie. Jamaica would be alot different if we got angry over injustices across the board rather than just selective ones.

Abeni said...

Time flying for all of us.Sometimes I have to sit back and wonder how did I get to my age so quick too.Yup,interesting move by Sharpton but lots of people feel that getting kiled on the job is a known hazard which is why there may be less outrage