Friday, November 11, 2005

Registered!

Well I am once again a registered student of the Utech. I have been trying to obtain 1) my progression status and 2) my enrollment package for the past 6 weeks in total. About 3 weeks ago I finally got my report and requested my enrollment package so that I complete registration. I know it sounds strange to some people but it appears that the school deals with new students before trying to sort out the veterans. Because I also attend classes in the summer semester, progression cannot be given until the summer grades are posted so it results in us always being late in getting our stuff. So three weeks go by and no package. I checked three Thursdays in a row...nothing zippo zilch nadda none.....no package for Scratchie :( Last Thursday I realized that anybody who had outstanding fees was dropped from the computer system...package received or not. Of course, Scratchie blew his top at the poor defenseless girl in the office cuz she had attitude and I was not too thrilled about their style of doing things and already going beyond my responsibility by following up on something that I should receive as a course of routine. Hell, is my fourth year so yuh supposed to know the routine by now....student pass all courses....print package....student collect same and follow through on registration process. Not so easy as you might think. Student has to follow up on pass results...student makes sure results entered...student requests progression status...student requests enrollment package...student registers....student ensures registration complete...student ensures that system is updated to ensure enrollment. Maybe I should continue....student NOT getting paid to do work for Utech staff... Anyway, I decided to go there yesterday and actually got everything done without quarrelling or cursing or threatening or any of the good stuff. It went well and as the caption says.....I am now registered. I even paid the tuition :) Wasn't I a good Scratchie...round of applause please. Next dealings with school admin will be......Exam cards in December....listen out for more issues at that time...:) Later all.

5 comments:

dorna! said...

Just wait 'til student magically vanishes from the computer system after student has paid all fees and is told by Admin that she doesn't exist and they have no record of the payments. Uh, sorry, that was me... *chupse*

Abeni said...

Clap,clap.Yuh well behaved as Doc say

Mad Bull said...

Scratchie, I could have sworn that you went to UWI? Is really UTech you go to? Wow! So, dem have a website or wha?

Camille said...

Geez... I mean... GEEZ man!

Unknown said...

That is Utech for you. Di most wutless school in the world!