Saturday, November 12, 2005

Last Night

No this not gonna be x-rated. Last night was Kalookie night. We got off to a really late start but hey all in the name of Friday night idling I suppose. Guess who won? ........No! not my wife or sisters or friends......yup....that's right.....MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! How yuh mean that it can't be true?....what happen mi nuh name person too? ...... Is alright.....either say congrats or gweeyyyyyy!! By winning it means that the next round will be played here at my house. Means that I don't have to travel to the locale and when the game is over, I just throw out the guests and go to my bed. :) No don't leave, not because I tell yuh to gwey.....yuh can stay. :D Well I'm kinda tired. The Automobile Dealers Association had there car show this weekend. I went this morning to take a look at what I can't afford and have no hopes of acquiring in the near future but I love cars so I went. I think that that was a good enough reason to pay the entry fee and go fill my eyes. I wanted specifically to see the new Subaru Impreza WRX because I had seen photos of it and was totally disappointed. I'm glad I did...the car is a beauty. Sorry, wrong word....Scoobys are never beauties. The car look buyable iyah. Wish I had the cash. Except for a few bright spots here and there I was disappointed with the show. Usually there is a lot more fluff and flair to it. I think the show reflected the economy...nuff high price items and lots of consumers looking and can't buy. I got some tips on how to handle the interior of my current car so I have some stuff to go try out. The show presented quite a few of the higher end of the market and noticeably absent were the low to mid income cars like the Toyota Corolla and the Nissan Almera. SUV's and big models were the norm. For such big companies I was a little disappointed with the showings from the Nissan and Toyota dealers. I would have preferred a wider cross section....I note that space was a definite issue. Oh yes...there was an Evo IX on display :p My son was more impressed with the cars in parking lot than was was inside except for the WRX and the Evo of course. Other than that the Saturday was basically a spend with family kinda day. I don't have classes on a Saturday right now so it has been an opportunity for me to make myself visible on weekends. Can't say I miss the classes at all. Anyways I was just here telling you about my Kalookie win so now that I've patted myself on the back I gone :)

12 comments:

CoolDestiny said...

I just love Kalookie! It's my favourite card game of all time. Spent my entire time at utech playing it. People wondered how I finished with a credit!

I'll be checking out the ADA show on Sunday.

Unknown said...

I don't have a clue what Kalookie is!

I didn't go to the car show. Could affort to...well let me say I didn't want to pay for the torture of looking at cars that I can't afford, or will be able to buy in my lfetime.

What do you think of the new Honda Civic? Didn't see you mention it in your post.

Mad Bull said...

Hooray on the win! Hey, CD plays too? Now thats an idea for a link up when next me deh a Yard! I love kalookie! So does Natty! Yammie plays it aas well, but not Doctor D. Not to worry, we can have the game at Doctor D's house and he can be the Gofer, serving us snacks and liquor, spinning the music and generally see to our comfort. That will make him feel useful and give him some enjoyment!
Meanwhile, the rest of us will see who is the baddest blogger at Kalookie! >:-(
What say you? What says the Doc?

dorna! said...

What de hell is a kalookie?

Anonymous said...

The ADA show was disappointing... it didn't have a splash factor. The cars were over piriced and under-worked. The new Civic is ugly btw.

All in all, and I guess this shows my taste... the cars I'd steal off that lot were [in order of like]

1. Mazda6 [Its just attractive]
2. BMW 1 Series [Too cute]
3. Suzuki Grand Vitara [Love how they've revamped the look, Mazda too]
4. Land Rover Range Rover [H-o-t-t-t-tttttt]
5. Greatlander [because in the end, I've been brainwashed by old war movies]

Honourable Mentions:
1. Mini Cooper S
2. Mitsu Eclipse

How much did u win by and were u in the lead from morning?
[off topic] WHO THE HECK DOESN'T KNOW KALOOKIE? [off topic]

Scratchie said...

The show really was disappointing. Stunner...I'm not a Honda person. I've never liked them and I kinda tend to stay far from them. I caught a glimpse of it and I will say that this year is an improvement over the last set. I saw a grey lhd Civic on the road the other night with a #1 Stunner graphic on the front windscreen.

@Dorna kalookie is a card game kinda sorta like Rummie...idea is to build sets and suits in specific combinations to "lay" on the table before someone dispenses all their cards.

Xiana yeah too dull this year...no bikini girls. btw...remember that this is a Caribbean wide blog circle so games and customs and culture and even the names of stuff that are popular in Jamaica are not necessarily played or known or popular in the other islands.

Abeni said...

Congratsssssssssss altho I too dunno what is kalookie.Must not be an EC thing

Camille said...

Man - I haven't played Kalooki in ... YEARS. Kinda miss it. :-(

It IS a long game tho... if you start at 10pm u likely to be there till 2 or 3am

Anonymous said...

So that in the end someone can call themself the winna and u the LOOOOOSEERRRRR :D

slybabyk said...

Yeah the ADA show was disappointing. I went in because of work, so I couldn't ask for my money back.

To be fair though the new Celica looks nice but I was so disappointed that Nissan left the 350Z at home. The new Swift looks cool but how did the manage to stick the Evo way over in the corner? Any further over and it would've been out by the netball court!

Kalooki wise, good job Scratchie! I still have the score sheet where I kicked Basil, Ice, Steve's behinds (being the loudmouth kalooki protagonists that they are). Keep the score sheet and have it framed! :-)

Jdid said...

yea congrats. man i play kalookie once and was really lost, i cant even remember the rules

CoolDestiny said...

Kalookie is the best card game ever invented. Wherever there is a game ... I'll be there!