Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Week in Review

Well I am still under stress with school so hence the neglected blog. I have a test this evening so this will be really short. What has been happening....nothing much to tell you the truth. between group meetings and housework and car cleaning and just plain ole loafing nothing much at all going on. Esso seems to be having an issue with their retailers or I think it's the other way around. Apparently there is some issue that the retailers have with the marketing company's pricing mechanism and the retailers are closing their stations in protest. Guess they are hitting them where it hurts. I had my own run in with an Esso service station on Thursday. I have copied the story from my post so parts of it may sound strange to some of you but I wasn't gonna sit and retype all of that so a little editing and walla: Last night I was on my way home from classes and was about to do my usual stop for weekend fuel at the Shell on the Boulevard but realized that they were closed (some bricks and stuff across the entrance and total darkness). Had to find some fuel quick, so I drove into the Esso at the corner of Molynes and Boulevard and told the attendant to fill tthe tank......wrong move...... One mind say check the cost and low and behold..... $53.7x for 87 . Had to stop the pump same time and pull out. Everywhere else have 87 for between $48.00 and $50.00 so why dem tiefing people still have it so high? I accept the blame because I should have asked first but just to let you people know...CHECK THE PRICES because some of these stations ripping people off. They don't post a price on the board so that you can see the comparison with other stations. Be on the alert people or your pockets will feel it. Esso seems to be a main culprit because there was no price at the one on the corner of Dunrobin and Constant Spring Road which was why I passed them in the 1st place. Still got caught anyway. Seperate and apart from that we have had some traffic fatalities since Sunday. On Sunday 2 bikers got killed on Highway 2000 near Old Harbour and yesterday 3 people got killed in a car accident. People...take it easyy on the roads. The police have vowed to step up their vigilance especially during Christmas. Seems we will be having more policemen/women on the roads. The Minister of National Security got the nod to beef up the force. I am not so sure this will solve the problem. Although if you look at it, it may mean more jobs and more security but we still need to tackle the root causes...too many illegal guns have gotten in here. We need to deal with that swiftly. Unfortunately I'm sure that nuff politics involved but......... Anywayz I gone do some work.....take care

5 comments:

Abeni said...

heard a bit about ESSO and Ja in he news this morning.wasn't really paying attention though.Illegal guns seem to be the cry all over the place.Place getting well scary

CoolDestiny said...

All the best on your test Scratchie.

I do not buy gas from esso at all. If my tank is on E, I'm driving to the nearest petcom or shell. No esso station has the prices up and with good reason.

The accident was really bad and there was another one on Mandela yesterday I think which was just as bad ... almost as bad as the one on Old Harbour Rd at Ja. Broilers sometime last year I think it was. Trust me, you have to be driving for yourself and the idiots who are on the road. Me, I just yield unless I'm in a "bad ass" mood.

More policemen ain't gonna help at all. Have you checked the criteria lately to become a Policeman? All you need is 3 CXC and to be a certain height. It's not the number of the force, but the quality of it that will make a difference. To me, it all a bag a chat and nothing will be better.

Rev Island said...

I noticed some disparities in the gas prices here also. I hear you re the guns.

Mad Bull said...

Good luck with the exams, Sir Scratchie. All a oonoo lucky, I paid $4.39 last time I filled the tank. I think Trouble, Ri and I will have to pen a letter to the newspaper about the fall in prices elsewhere and the gouging over here. Grrr. By the way, any of oonoo had trouble posting comments at Jdid today?

Scratchie said...

Hail up all, An official welcome to ri. Feel free to stop by.

Test went OK..(I think) results will tell still.
@MB... no to the JDid thing. I think he enable some sort of post screener that stores the comments until he approves them according to the notification.