Friday, November 25, 2005

I deh bout...

Well I survived the onslaught of coursework. I figure that if you survive this semester then yuh can survive anything. The projects and presentations went pretty well. Some were better than others. and I found out that I did good on the test from last Thursday so one set down. Exams to go. Schedule isn't too bad. All being well I will be free of the campus by 13 December for about three weeks or so. We had a bit of disappointment in one presentation. A friend found out that based on the new regulations she has been placed on the "make good" list. This means she will only be allowed to clear up any outstanding courses before doing any 4th year courses. It put a damper on the presentation since anything she did between September and now has no value to her, including the presentation. She still went ahead and we did a reasonably good job. I'm gonna miss having her in class :( It feels kinda weird not having any schoolwork deadlines with everything crammed into the week gone. I'm gonna go chill tonight. Wifey wants to go idle so....... The Shorter One got a prize at her prize-giving yesterday. She was awarded for the work done in grade 8. She is so proud of herself and even insisted that I take her picture with the certificate. Later on in the year she will select subjects for her career hopes. She is giving out talks about medicine but keeps proclaiming about art. I kinda have to be hinting that she is to do what she likes and not what other people want her to do. She had told us that she wants to do designing and interior decorating. I suspect her friends are talking at school and she is being swayed. She does really well at art and catches concepts that I can only dream about. She hates the sciences, so unless she wants to do a new version of medicine that I don't know about......... Anywayz, I goin stop chat and go read a weeks worth of blogs so later.

5 comments:

nikki said...

lol@new medicine...true

then again, she might hate the sciences because they don't come easy for her, in which case her being doctor might be more difficult to obstain but definitely not impossible.

i'm sure there are plenty of doctors out there who aren't naturally gifted in the sciences, but who, through their own determination, made it through medical school and are now amazing doctors.

btw, good luck with your exams. i'm sure you'll do fine.

Abeni said...

At her age the likes change rather often.Just let her explore all the opportunities.Enjoy the school break

CoolDestiny said...

She will eventually know exactly what she wants to do. Let her explore the possibilities! Enjoy the break from school... they are precious!

Marc M said...

For real at that age we often listen to more what we think the world wants us to be as opposed to our true internal calling. Congrats to the Short One.

And to you 2, seems the exams are going well.

Unknown said...

Man Scratchie, I can't wait for the exd of this semester! I wan't to just kick-back for the two to three weeks we get. Well I still have coursework to finish-up, I need to get a good coursework grade cause yuh know how unpredictable and unforgiving exams can be!
Fi real you should let her know she should do what she likes, althogh she is very young...nuff more year fi mek up har mind.