Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm Baaaacckk

Greetings and hailage all Caribbean and International massive. I and I deh bout again. I finished my exams on Tuesday but as luck would have it I finished off my compi on Tuesday as well. :) Nah not true. I was the subject of a disgusting little insect type virus. My son apparently downloaded some music and whatever it was bypassed the firewall and did a number on the compi. I cleaned it off but it was still behaving a bit quirky so tech Scratchie went to work. New hard drive, reloaded and activated Windows XP and now in process of getting all my software loaded. Downloaded SP2 last night and auto update is doing something tonight so I am back on track it would seem. I ordered the laptop on 2 December with a slated delivery date for 29 December but guess what....our mailing system has gotten efficient. It is already in the island and I should have it in hand by Monday...all of ten days early. I was actually laughing at the situation just today. I had ordered 3 items at three different times....the laptop 1st then about a week later the carrying case for it and then a piece of software for the home compi. Guess what, the software arrived on Friday. (The last shall be the 1st I guess). The case came in yesterday and I hadn't heard about the laptop until this afternoon. Not to mention that the shipping manifesto shows that the laptop has travelled more than me all over the place. Dell has a wild network for the delivery of their products. The exams were not so bad. I am still awaiting results before I predict pass or fail. Typical case of the examiners trying to cover too much ground so they water down the content. Other than that I'm still tired nuh hell. Well I actually went to the shopping mall this week after my last exam. Things expensive nuh backside. Lots of people looking but minimal buying in my estimation. I saw a head line in a newspaper this week that accused JPS of putting out the festive lights. It stated that the public were less inclined to put up Christmas lights because of the exorbitant light bills. Somebody need to tell that to my wife and kids. Tree light up...verandah light up....grill light up.......every corner of the house have light. My daughter is a real gladice so she enjoys the season and I ain't about to kill her spirit. I'll just have to foot the bill later I suppose. Apart from that, my nephew tief ou his mother's van on Sunday and nearly kill himself...write off the van and leave them with a hell of a bill. We are glad he wasn't hurt but somebody needs to kill him for that. Not my son or my car so I just stand back and watch. Other than that...I'm baaaaccckkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Abeni said...

good you survived

Mad Bull said...

Well, I have never taken out my parents cars without permission, but I have written off a couple of cars still. Thank God he is alive and hope he learns a lesson.

Mad Bull said...

Oh, and I hope you mashed down the exams!

Campfyah said...

Now yuh cud hopld a Banks (Yuh dind't think ah was gonna promote de Red Stripe did yuh) and relax for the holidays.

I must tell yuh all bout de time me yute, wanted tuh start muh Altima nad it end up pun top de car parked in front.

Mad Bull said...

Camp, that sounds like an awesome story! You should blog it.

CoolDestiny said...

Glad to know he made it out alive. Anything worse would have added insult to injury for his family. I hope he's apporpriately punished. These kids. I stole out a friend's car once when I was about 18. I drove about 10 mph to go to look for my boyfriend at the time :)

Hope you do well on your exams so you can close that chapter of your life for now.

Unknown said...

Welcome back Scratchie! I'm back myself, had my last exam on wednesday. Man am I happy for the likkle break.

My father had a bike and the day I decided to teif it out him ketch mi. He wasn't upset though, he actually allowed me to ride it! Neva crash it though!

slybabyk said...

hey scratchie, the postal system is getting amazing huh? and i hope you ace those exams.
the tiefing out car thing rough. i won't lie, i used to do it, that's how i learnt how to drive, by taking my moms car on the backroads in the area. never crashed it though thank god. i know anything could've happened but i made it a point to avoid my roads and all other vehicles.
either way, glad your nephew is okay. the bill is high but car can beat out or buy back. once a life is gone, it's gone.

Marc M said...

Either way, it's a great feeling that everything is done with.

Jdid said...

good to have you back