Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

Well yesterday was celebrated as Mother's Day. Let me add to the many well wishers (although I'm a little late) to say that we really do appreciate you all. I know that here in Jamaica there are many women playing the role of mother to children, some their own others not theirs...maybe a niece or sister or adopted. One way or the other if the cap fits wear it. I also know that there are fathers playing that vital dual role as well. Well I got a call from a friend on Friday to say that she was visiting from Florida for the weekend. She was attending a funeral for a family member. I was to meet with her yesterday but haven't been able to make contact. It has been years since I have seen her. She returns to the US today so I guess that meeting is shot to death. The compi is still a work in progress. I got some of the pictures but I will just do one post with the entire process. Saw an article in the papers yesterday advising that the new MOU is close to completion. I will await further news before I comment any further. Anyways I gone....later all.

3 comments:

Abeni said...

How you let the friend go back without seeing her? Tut,Tut:)

Unknown said...

Nuff respect to all the mothers. There are also many mothers playing the role of fathers!

Camille said...

You know something? For someone who has never mothered anyone ('cept some really lame men in my life), I got plenty of Happy Mother's Day wishes - starting from all Saturday.

Mother's Day teased us with a little rain too - did you get any? A little disappointment in an otherwise mild day. :-)