Thursday, May 11, 2006

Nothing at All

Well things have been really quiet since I stopped classes. I've had my fill of black mangoes since the mango season started. They were actually falling off the trees and spoiling before they could be eatten. I actually gaveaway so many large bags that if I had half a mind to sell I would have been able to live comfortably for this last month. Oh well....definitely not a business minded man.
I mentioned that I was doing some work on my computer...(the desktop). The processor and heatsink came in at the post office today and are in excellent condition. I need one more part and then I can get on with the project at hand. I'm going to take some photos of the build up so you guys especially Dr. D. can see what is involved.
Well about a month ago wifey's phone died. I was trying to get her a good one but she refused so she now is using mine while I use the one I got for her. She says it is too complicated so she prefers the Samsung. In all of this I bought a used phone in excellent condition. I found out later that it belonged to a fellow blogger. He does not know that we actually had a brief unofficial bloggers link up :) I may have over done it a bit but the price was just about market rate and it is not often that one buys what one wants. In a way I am glad wifey did not want it because I am having a ball with it. It has a camera so I get to do my digital photos and the picture quality isn't too bad.
My son, The Tall One had an interview to go to UTECH in September. He is awaiting the final results on that. He has applied to do the land surveying and economies course. Keeping my fingers crossed for his sake.
The Shorter One is still awaiting the outcome of subject choices for 4th form. She wants to do subjects that will eventually take her to interior decorating.
No doctors or lawyers from this family :D I try to encourage them to do what they like so we'll see what happens.
Other than that..things are good..........

8 comments:

dorna! said...

Black mangoes?! Is dat some kinda a joke or what? :-/ 'Cause if not, I want to see pictures of this phenom.

Scratchie said...

lol not black as in colour Dorna. Is really just a small common mango...extremely sweet. turns a nice yellow colour when they are ripe. will see if I can find a picture later.

Camille said...

Hey scratchie! I know I should've taken some picts of my own build. I know there are some who would've been interested. But I must admit to being too anxious to get back into the normal operating mode. The only thing I have is the before picts.

Which phone that you get that so complicated?

Can't tell when last I eat a black mango.

Scratchie said...

Hey Fyr....it's a V635...but she has been using a Panasonic GD68 so is like night and day to her.

Rev Island said...

Black mango is nice. Same here, I cannot sell.

Mad Bull said...

Looks like its a nice phone, Sir Scratchie... I myself am hoping to get an upgrade, but I am trying to get my offices Digicel rep to give me a free one. It is possible, the other day Digi gave my colleague a RAZR V3! We shall see...

Abeni said...

I was wondering what is black mango too.We have some far out names for mangoes but I never heard black.

slybabyk said...

Hey, if you want you can always get me a sony ericcson w800i LOL Enjoy your break before school starts back and I'm crossing my fingers for the older one and his UTech interview!