Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday Hail up

Morning all...well I had a painful weekend. I have not been doing so well in the eating department in the last few weeks and I guess the old body just said "alright I gwine show yuh who name boss". I had severe gas pains all of Saturday and half of Sunday. I tell yuh some bend over and stop business. Anyways, me thinks me is back to normal. I won't get into what the cure was ;) Let's just leave that alone for now shall we.
Well it has been raining a lot since Thursday or so and the weekend was no different. Had classes as usual on Saturday. What can I say, the last class of the day is turning into a fiasco. The tutor is .....I don't know what to call him. He stutters and seems unwilling to address the needs of persons in the class. He keeps harping on buying the book when I know for a fact that some persons are really stretched to the limit and therefore survive on what they get out of the classes. It's all well and good that they prescribe texts but brother if yuh don't have the cash to buy the books yuh just don't got it. Most of the other tutors tend to recognize this and so are a bit more accomodating. I have a problem with how he explains the concept. Not saying he doesn't know his stuff but as far as I am concerned...a teacher he is not!!.
We were without light and a/c in one of the lecture theatres on Saturday and would you believe that some s.o.b. took delight in farting up the classroom. The class was disrupted by people scrambling for the doors as the smell eminated through the room. You really have some people who were dragged up in this world.
Well The Shorter one served at church for the 1st time on Sunday. She had minimal duties but did really well at what she was given to do. I'm proud of her simply because this was something she decided she wanted to do and went and did it. Her only complaint..."Daddy, the vestments hot yuh see!"
There was a mild earthquake last night at about 10:55. The magnitutude depends on your perspective. For me who was dozing off to sleep at the time it was a 9.0 on the scale. In reality it was probably a 2.0 or so...again perception is a hell of a thing. Nothing fell off the furniture so I know it was quite mild but when yuh frighten out of yuh sleep you tend to lose control of quite a few bodily functions....luckily I didn't. (Have to say that before Doc and MB comment).
Had light snacks with some friends last night in place of dinner. The company was good.
They announced birthday for a certain Dr.D yesterday in church but I happen to know that this week is not Dr.D's birthday so I figure it was an imposter Dr.D or there is a Dr.D senior that has a birthday this week sometime or could there be 2 Dr.D's in the same country....hmmmmm.
Anyways, I'm tired of chatting to unoo so until later, try walk good.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can commiserate with that text book thing. I don't know if they understand that people might not only have school books to buy? In college I had a teacher that was going to report everyone without the book the the dean... luckily I'd been able to get my sociology books from the library, so I could afford to get the Dutch books but she was a mean old bat. Taught Dutch very well, but a mean old bat nonetheless.

Abeni said...

So what you use for the gas pains..peppermint or ginger? Enquiring minds want to know.Don't worry with that tutor and the text book thing.That is just added stress that you can do with out.

Mad Bull said...

Like how you said that you underwent an attack of a gaseous kind, you sure that it wasn't you who let off the furiously ferocious farts in the lecture hall?
Also, you complained about the person who let it off, but whats a brother to do? I suppose (s)he could have begged a friend to capture the notes for them and left the lecture, but maybe they didn't know just how the fumes would have affected the room until they were released and their deadly intent was made known.... and its kind of hard to catch and tie back up the "dogs of war" after you let them go already, you done know!
Tolerance, Sir Scratchie....

dorna! said...

Deep cleansing breaths...:)

Anonymous said...

I was gwine seh that since pains of the gaseous type was a hol you that you and the farter could have started your own little terrorism in the class, but being the well bred Georgian that you are you decided to hold dem een. I feel for those in the immediate vicinity when you did decide to let off! ;-) Hush my yute, gas haffi let off or it kill you.

Quake measured 5-6 on the Richter scale, but I naw fight you for your perception of 9!

The other Dr. D. is female...I refer to her as Eye Doc. I must check Legal Aid to see if her birthday coming up.

Easy Scratch. Try nuh let off too much gas at work...man get fired fe lass dan dat nowadays! ;-)

Jdid said...

sounds like some of my profs. they had the smarts but just couldnt teach. had many a them at university and most of the time i juss skip them class

Scratchie said...

Nope I behaved myself. Doc...no the other Dr.D. that was published was your name. It may have been a typo. though.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, well, I do have a namesake, but far as I know him nuh have nuh Dr. in front o him name...him sell insurance...cool dude like miself! ;-) Dr. D.

CoolDestiny said...

Well, that's a whole lot for Monday morning. It seems everyone had the gas or runs over the weekend. I'm just now catching up. Just letting you know that my blog address has changed to:

http://cooldestinypt1.blogspot.com

Have a good week.