Monday, September 26, 2005

Hey....?????

Hey, where did the weekend go? Mi nuh understand, I just start enjoy the likkle break from work and wha?????.....back to the ole grind cuz is Monday again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm all for an eqyal sharing of time...Three days to work, three days for relaxing and the one day the Lord requested from us. :) Think it would work out?
Well, let's see...where do I let you guys into my weekend? Well I had an airport run on Saturday morning. My mom left for Ft. Lauderdale to stay with her sisters for a few weeks. She was terrified of the flying but went none the less. Everytime she has to fly the jitters kick in from all three weeks before. She goes anyway. The afternoon was spent hunting for a dashboard for the car and installing it. It is an older model but with school and all the other "must do" stuff changing is not an option so fix it haffi gwaan. I found one at a good price but the colour was wrong. What the heck, beggars can't be choosers. So I bought a few other trim pieces to do a colour swap. What I did was just change out some of the inserts to match the dashboard and walla...you would think it was by design. So I now have a burgundy and dark grey interior. I was skeptical at first but it looks good all together. Took me a while to get the old dashboard out though. Nuff hidden screws. Yes, I do the work myself. The Tall One helped me get the new one in with some "precision persuasion", namely some bitch lick. Finished at about 11:00 p.m. on Saturday but it done.
Yesterday was church, supermarket and home. I guess the tiredness is from the heavy duty mechanics on Saturday. Other than that nothing much happening on the Rock that affecting me. This morning in traffic an idiot taxi man driving like an ass almost sideswiped a few cars trying to pig his way through traffic. The jackass finally made one too many cut ins and hit a woman's van. I kinda smiled because he chose to do so right in front of the policeman. Sorry for the lady but the damage looks superficial. His car being lower suffered a lot worse. I hope they throw the book at him...fassy.
Anyways I gone so have a great day.

6 comments:

Campfyah said...

Enjoy the Day Scratch. BTW how is Tal One doing? Mi Tall One doing pretty decent in his new post HS venture/schooling.

Scratchie said...

He's OK Camp. He's kinda bored because it starts at basics and therefore repeating some of what he did in HS so the 1st part is reworking what he has already learnt.

Abeni said...

I woulda laugh when he hit the van.Hate dem stupid drivers who always in some hurry

Yamfoot said...

you sound real angry, using language that you dont normally use.

ass etc.

Supermarket on sundays....it is great because few peole in it, but the fruits and veggies kinda look worn on a sunday, nuh true?

Marc M said...

Driving in Jamaica - can be a headache.

Scratchie said...

Angry yes yamfoot. Sometimes we can take so much and no more. Everybody have places to go, they seem to feel that everybody needs to give them way...maybe they pay more taxes than anybody else so the own more of the roads?? I like the supermarket on Sunday but invariably I end up going back in the week to get good fruits and veggies and bread sometimes.