Monday, February 06, 2006

Cartoons

Well I was home ill for a couple of days last week. Tis the season for every virus that pass my window for me to grab it. Actually I've been not too bad this past Christmas since every December April and October I have rounds of the flu or cold or some other ache and pain. So I actually made it through December without any problems. Maybe this is just to fulfill my quota. I have been watching in interest the Muslim community's outcry to the Danish cartoonist depiction of their founder. Not saying that some things are not sacred but burning and rioting and violence is taking it just a little too far. UI can honestly say that I cannot understand how a nation built on the principles of peace can be so irritable to the ponit where many persons even here in Jamaica see Muslims as fanatics and are seen as crazy through the eyes of many. Granted that this recent behaviour isn't helping any. It is kinda only strengthening the views. I won't post any links to the cartoons for fear of drawing the wrath of many on the blog of one. Seems that cartoonist in contraversial situationwas the order of the week because another cartoon appearing in a US newspaper Washington Post drew the wrath of citizens when it showed a veteran with no arms and legs and in bandages being told that his condition would be listed as battle hardened or something along those lines. I linked it from a website here. I guess they were insinuating that the real effects of the so-called war on terrorism was being understated. Just my interpretation. Other than that nothing too much going on. I rewired my car stereo system yesterday. Took me almost the whole afternoon. An amplifier that had served me for 10 years finally burned out. I replaced it but the new one required more power and different speakers so I just decided to do a wholesale rewire and use fresh stuff. It sounds good but now my wife is cussing because my son is trying to deafen her. Suffered a few cuts and bruises in the prcess but I'l live. Gone do some reading, so till later.........

6 comments:

Camille said...

:) Funnily enough, scratch... looked at my "new" stereo gathering dust in my apartment this morning and wondered why I hadn't got it installed yet. Course part of the problem is getting someone trustworthy and who know what they doing. Other reason is... well, you can guess, can't you? ::blush::

Looks like those cartoons are the buzz of the moment. Noticed DJ was commenting on them too. Ah boy - tempers flare HOT these days... am increasingly reminded of the phrase "end of days".

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

All o' them mad, the journalists for not practising civic responsibility and them Mid. East people for not practising what their religion is all about.

Mad Bull said...

Bwoy, I need to change out my stereo too... Sir Scratch, apply for you Cayman visa and I will bring you over here... If you set up my stereo good, Piano Bert and I will help bankroll you to set up shop in Industrial Park and we will be minting money, mi breddah. You think the police will give you a good record?

Abeni said...

I saw a news clip where Sharpton was annoyed about an episode of the Boondocks where MLK was portrayed as referring to blacks as niggers.Muslims real passionate about their prophet so hardly surprising they reacting violently.

slybabyk said...

And to think, the word "cartoon" doesn't conjure up images of all of this violence and controversy does it. You generally think of little kids and Saturday mornings... such is life I suppose.

Scratchie, wanna source me a CD player? Doesn't have to be top of the line, but mine never worked and I miss being able to listen to CDs in the car :( BTW, I made a blog post about the drift knobs for you hehehe

Unknown said...

I heard about the riots due to the comic. I can't help it, I just think Muslims are crazy people!