Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday Swings by Again

I can't believe that a whole week has passed and I haven't so much as uttered a word about anything. School is again taking up more and more of my time. As I mentioned beforem, this year begins my research courses so most of my internet time is spent going through articles and topic related data. Last week we were treated to a library visit to familiarize us with the research resources available to us. up to now it has been mainly a google and internet thing. Now the journals and other like material are upon us. I can say without hesitation that I am happy that I actually made the investment in the laptop. Here is what I finally settled on. I was looking for something inexpensive, reliable and I guess basic but functional so the Dell Inspiron 1300 was my final answer. I put a little more into it than just the basics and with the shipping to my end of the globe I ended up spending about US$750.00 so I can't complain too much. I read the review by this gentleman that I linked and I can really say that he has in fact given a fair assessment of the machine since these were the things that I have seen with my machine. All things considered I'm happy with it. I'm not into the computer gaming so that part of it really doesn't affect me. Some of you discouraged me from going with some of my other options and I'm glad you did and I'm happy I followed your advice. The computer has in fact helped tremendously in completing some of our assignments and it has certainly saved us a lot of time in not having to meet, write out our discussions, type it out and then email it for further corrections. We meet and have everything done right there and the only thing left to do is print and submit. Anyways, I get too carried away sometimes. This was just to be a "Hi" and "I'm still alive" kinda post. So Hi and I'm still alive. We'll chat more later. Take care until........

8 comments:

Camille said...

Howdy do.:)

Yea - the week fly by fast. Not entirely sure what I have accomplished in that time, but still glad the weekend is once again here.

Last semester on the programme?

Scratchie said...

not at all Fyr :( I still have 4 semesters to go. so I actually finish in August 2007.

Abeni said...

Hey.stay on top of the work.

Mad Bull said...

Respec' Scratchie... Glad to see you still deh bout. Gimmi dat laptop nuh? I want one.

Jdid said...

nice laptop. good luck with the research courses

Unknown said...

I know what you are talking about when you mention school pressure!!!

I would love to buy a laptop, my current pc is starting to act up lately, but I don't want another desktop. But the price, oh the price :(

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Good to see you doing okay, Scratchie.

I'm greedy, I want an Ibook, an Apple thing.

Why can't computers stay alive foreverrrr?

CoolDestiny said...

Good to see you!