Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursday already

Well I can't really believe that it is already so close to the end of the week. Nothing too much going on here at home. Well not exactly true...they killed one of the area dons in Spanish Town yesterday and is pandamonium again after a relatively quiet period from the latter part of last year. Roads are blocked and the finger pointing going on as to who do it and whether or not police involved. Reality is we will probably never know. My first reaction is "who really cares anyway". These guys live by violence and will inevitably die by it. I reiterate that we need some strong action against these criminals because no matter how we nice it up and call them area dons or area leaders or community leaders the under tone is a lawless existence a.k.a. criminal. Well the PNP will have their conference at the end of this month. Venue was changed because they had tried to book the arena on the same weekend when a major sporting event was scheduled to take place. No can do!!! So they relocated and the event will go ahead so in about 2 weks or so we will know who our new Prime Minister will be. I was sitting the other day and wondering why the campaign for the party leadeship is so public. Why am I a citizen subject to the assault of adverts and meetings and general political noise when for this event I as an ordinary citizen cannot vote? Why can't I vote...well it's like this....only delegates within party circles participate in the voting for party leadership. So out of the 2.7 million or so Jamaican citizens only 4000 or there abouts will be able to participate in the voting process. Maybe I'm being a little picky but why subject me to the party hype when in actual fact it is of no real significance to me. Vote and then tell me who is the new leader when yuh finish. I will admit that I enjoy the back and forth discussion and who can't do what and who can't talk which way but after a while it gets a bit tiresome. Proposals have been made for debates and motorcades and so far I think the motorcade idea was scrapped by the party leadership (thank God) since those idiots become untouchable lawless morons when they get on the road together. They drive anyhow and anywhere they feel like and couldn't care less who gets knocked over in the process. I think some of the other candidates have been resisting the call for debates saying that it's not a national participatory event so why have a national debate. I agree with the point but I add that since it's not a national participatory event then why have national campaigns and advertising? I'm just being cynical, don't pay me too much mind. Anyway guys just my way of saying hail up and all the best until I chat again.

6 comments:

Abeni said...

That's politics for you-nutten but a charade.At the end of the day is business as usual.Y'all need to wipe out them dons.

Yamfoot said...

if you could vote, which one of the four woudl you vote for??

Camille said...

Chuh - shud shoot all of them... tek in some o dem waste-time politician while dem at it...

Was hearing some stories at work this morning. I can't really repeat them, but I gotta say that our police are pretty much ineffectual... we may as well dismiss them all - they are worthless.

As for the political ... whatever you want to call it... may as well dismiss all of them too - waste of good people time and money. Chuh.

Unknown said...

Same stupidness happen everytime a don is kllled. Dem fi kill dem an all dem cronies and tear-gas the people blocking the roads!

As for the PNP, I don't give a sh..! Anybody tek over going to rob wi same way!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I have this theory, that all them deportees, we should tag them electronically, and follow their movements.

And all them really bad ones, we should find an island far, far away from people, and leave them there, tell them to plant and eat. Put sharks in the water to guard them.

They might nyam out the sharks though.

Deelze said...

I'm late getting here....and for me it's Monday!!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day already!! Do you belive it?!?!?

I hope you had a good weekend.

~Smooches~