Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Idle Chatter

Well nothing much on the home front to chat about. Apparently the cowitch thing got a little out of hand on Monday because quite a few schools reported serious infiltration from the menance. At my wife's high school the nurse's station was beyond capacity before school started. At a co-worker's son's school they had an overwhelming number of cases and almost the "entire" school going to the nurse. The story actually made the news on Tuesday. Well for the past few weeks I have been toying with the idea of giving up the blogging. It's easy to say but I guess hard to do. Right now I am so caught up in the whole school thing that I really am finding it hard to keep up the posting and the reading. The time that I had initially ear-marked for blog activity is rapidly disappearing as assignments get more difficult and closer together. I am determined, though, to keep going as long as I can and to exhaust every other alternative before calling it quits. May even have to go to late night/early morning activities if the need arises. I have already exceeded my opening targets. When I started this blog I gave myself a year. That has gone and I'm still at it. Sometimes there isn't the vibes to post or the drive to go find something of note but some how or the other something gets said. Maybe what I need to do is to go back to what the real reasons were for this blog: 1) a bit of fun and mystique.......ok still there 2) a voice....still there 3) meeting a few good people.......still happens 4) keep in touch with the world.......still happening 5) run off my mouth......still happens 6) represent for the Caribbean.......ok sometimes 7) something to pass time.........this is the changed part...there isn't much time to pass anymore. 8) to explore other cultures especially those nearby......still awed by how similar we are and by how different we are as well. 9) fass in people business.......ok, not so, more like interest in the lives of those we meet online. All in all things really haven't changed much. Maybe I should just ask you to bear with me as I try to deal with these final 5 semesters at school with the understanding that I won't have as much free time to give to this (or anything else for that matter). I've already given up my badminton and going out and my motorsport vice has become even more limited because of school so I don't think I want to give up much more so we'll see how it goes. Anywayz, I was just writing some off the brain stuff. BTW, did you notice that I finally organized my links panel and I added some daily reads that I've kinda been meaning to add for some time. Maybe I'll play with some other stuff on the weekend. Have a great week all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scratchie

I just stopped in to say that we enjoy your blog every day, especially the politics in Jamaica. We have permanently linked to you in our listings and quoted you in one of our postings.

Good to see people paying attention to the way things are and the way they could be!

With the Caribbean Single Market Economy agreement, we will all be closer now than ever before.

Keep up the good work with your blog.

Shona
Barbados Free Press
BFP website here.

slybabyk said...

Scratchie, I hope you weren't planning to delete and do away with your blog altogether? You might not be able to get to it as regularly as you used to but you can't deny the positives of blog-therapy. It's always good to have an outlet. And I'm sure the rest of your blog network will understand if you're not blogging everyday :) Besides, just look at how varied your readership is *grin*

Campfyah said...

Scratchie we all enjoy reading your blog, so don't give up now. Just show your face once a week or so and keep us updated

Abeni said...

Hey-sometimes you just too busy to take time and post.We understand that and know you will drop in when you can.

Deelze said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deelze said...

Oh wow I know what you mean about giving up on blogging....I have toyed with the idea on more than one occasion myself...but something always makes me stay!!

It is easier to say and harder to do! I have a lot of free time now to devote to it because I'm unemployed....but once things start rolling again it won't be as easy at all!

Good luck with your classes!

~Smooches~

Unknown said...

Do yuh thing and nuh worry bout blogging, stop by and drop a line when you can. I man start feel the pressure too, so I will soon be M.I.A.!

CoolDestiny said...

I fully understand if you have to take a break but stop by, if it's even once a month just to hail us up. We enjoy reading your blog. Yu even getting big up in Barbados. No ... we want to hear from you!!!

Camille said...

Nuh worry bout missing a few days scratchie.. speaking for myself, I so often missing from blogoshpere muhself, that "ah nuh nutten" ef yuh miss ah day or two - gives me less to catch up on when I do get here. :-)

Speaking for others, think the sentiment has been expressed - we want you to stay here - if is even to drop a line "howdy do- cyaan taak - later" :-)

Nuh worry - we unnerstan