Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Nothing in Particular

Just saying Good morning and hoping you have a great day. There is no real direction to this this morning. I'm still in pain but not as bad as yesterday. I am not taking any pain killers because I have found that when I do take them and the pain is numbed I tend to do more damage because I can't feel the effects of what I am doing. I paid for my new abode last night so the move is definitely on for the weekend. It has left me totally broke though but life goes on. I am leaving the following as a bit of light humour so enjoy: Subject: What Class? Have you been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking ...surely I cannot look that old? You may enjoy this short story.While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of a new dentist, I noticed his certificate, which bore his full name. Suddenly, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 30 years ago. Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended the local high school."Yes," he replied."When did you graduate?" I asked. He answered, "In 1971. Why?" "You were in my class!" I exclaimed. He looked at me closely and then the son of a b*!>* asked, "What did you teach?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL :-)
Good one, Scratchie! I guess we always see the young virile stud we once were when we look in the mirror, rather that how we really appear, nuh true? Congrats on the home purchase too. Mad Bull

Desiree said...

OMG... I have seen others my age and thought them older, that there is no way I look that old. Thank goodness I have never had such a come-back as this person!

I actually did almost fall in love with a patient on the spot last week when I was starting his IV and he asked if I was new to nursing(poor anxious guy, was afraid I was new to this business of stabbing a needle in others flesh), I answered no, I've been at it for years and he was by far not anywhere near my first IV start. I revealed my age and he gave a look of denial saying I had a very youthful look, couldn't be my stated age.

Glad to hear your pain is resolving, guess I'll have to look back to see what it is from.

Angry Dog said...

Hey Scratchie, glad the back is feeling better still--remember my advice! Call the Doctor to lift up the big furniture for you...cause you want to have your back for a while to come and the Doc says he needs exercise!

Now, I definately relate to that little joke, especially being just a few years older than some of my students and having a few tinges of gray in the beard. It kills me when I tell them that I listen to hip hop and R&B and Reggae and know many of the contemporary dances and they be like "aren't you too old for that?" Cho! :).

{arf,arf}

Anonymous said...

Good one Scratchie,

Kidlet No 3, who is now 7 years old told Popsy ( who mind you, is many many years older than me! :-))the other day that Popsy was now old enough to be called an "old timer"!!

Scratchie said...

Good thing about age is that the youngsters will be in our shoes one day.

Ciya,
My son looked at me and told me that I'm an old fogie.
I just said that he was coming fast behind me.

AD, I will definitely get the Doc to do some real work for a change.

Anonymous said...

Scratchie, Angry D...weh you think me go med school fah? Fe lift furniture? No sah. You couldn't pay me to do 'real work' scratchie, my bill would make you even more bruck than you say you are! ;-)) (Sorry I caan help you out wid a loan...I may need one miself.)

Regarding the age thing now....I have nuff greys but have been told by many that my face does not look near my age of 41 (to rahtid!) I can think of a yute who used to go George's with us who look plenty older than most of us as well. Actually, this age thing has struck up a memory in me...I going post the short story at mi site. Dr. D.

Stu said...

Wow, moving. That has its good and bad. Lots of work, but new start!