Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Wad up all?

Hail up all blog readers, writers and crew!! Just my morning shout out. Well I'm back from country and I had very little R&R but at least it wasn't school or work so I had a great time. We stayed at a beach house which is owned by my sister's employers. I had an exam on Saturday as well as a paper presentation. The presentation went well, earning 9 out of a maximum 10 points so I am pleased. The exam ...well let's wait and see. I drove down on Saturday evening and seemed to have avoided much of the holiday weekend traffic. Saturday evening was spent chatting with family and friends who we see quite regularly but don't really sit down with since there is always so much else to do. There were 20 of us in this house built for four. Dinner was stew peas with pig tail and some serious dumplings. Seconds were definitely in order. On Sunday morning I was awakened by the waves crashing outside the window and a gentle breeze moving the curtains in the room with the sun just peeping through. The day was spent playing games...badminton, football, rubber rafting, swimming and chatting and a few beers. Food in abundance for the crew. Drove down to the town to replenish supplies and take in the scenary. Well I had mentioned that there were no phone lines so blogging took a blow. The evening was spent watching movies and playing games on my sons PS2. Some of his games are horrible so we asked him to only leave out the ones that even the smaller kids could play. Went to bed at about 11:30 on Sunday night. Up again on Monday to more beach and games. The kids were out in the water from about 5:30 a.m. They were as red as peppered shrimps by the lunch time break. (Doc may get some business from them.) Socializing was done mostly in the kitchen and around the TV on Monday since we decided to leave out for Kingston between 1:00 and 2:00 to avoid the rush back to town and the Dover idiots. (Oh BTW, Dover is our local race track located in the northern part of the island. When they hold races, usually on holidays, the spectators suddenly become race car drivers on the way home. Be afraid!!....be very afraid, since most of them can't drive cows or chickens much less a car with high horsepower.) We actually left at about 2:30 and after a leisurely drive, arrived back in Kingston at about 5:00 with only slight traffic delays in the Bog Walk Gorge. All in all an excellent weekend with good family time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a nice little break, Scratchie. Mi jealous ;-)

Angry Dog said...

Scratchie mi bredda, glad that the weekend went well and I'm also quite happy to see that you've branched out yourself as well! Will definately look forward to reading more posts from you in the coming weeks!

{arf, arf}

Anonymous said...

Dr. D. glad to hear seh you and the family had a good time. Though mine was quiet, I enjoyed it.

Me never know seh the Scratch drink beer.... I thought it was strictly Pepsi. I guess some of the George's bad influence did rub off pon you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Dr. D. glad to hear seh you and the family had a good time. Though mine was quite, I enjoyed it.

Me never know seh the Scratch drink beer.... I thought it was strictly Pepsi. I guess some of the George's bad influence did rub off pon you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Bwoy, sorry scratch, I never even realize 'till now seh me duplicated! Feel free to delete.

Anonymous said...

Dr. D. Sunshine, you never see pigstail inna Publix yet? Treat youself.