Monday, October 25, 2004

What ah gwaan...

Good morning all. How was your weekend? Mine was a mixture of events but all in all I say a good one. I decided that I couldn't bother with school on Saturday. The day has mostly lectures anyway and I can make those up at some point. I spent the day resting for a change. In the afternoon I decided to get my hair cut. Went to the barber in Manor Park and was actually finished in about 1/2 an hour. The fact that I went to the barber on a Saturday is an accomplishment in itself, since going anywhere on Saturdays over the past three years has been the end result of serious planning and deliberation because of school. The down side of Saturday is that the class that I was going to attend on Saturday evening was missed because on exiting the car I aggrevated a problem that I had been having with a herniated disc. So needless to say I am in pain...major pain. Yesterday my parents celebrated 40 years of married life. The day was celebrated firstly by a church service in the morning followed by brunch at a local hotel. The food wasn't A-1 but it was eatable (edible if you want to be Englishy about it) and the company was fantastic so we had a good time. There was a rahtid cake yuh si. I had to shave off the icing though...too sweet and that not helping the "tool shelter" in front of me at all. The whole heap of walking up and down didn't help my back so pain again. BTW, I'm moving house again (no not the blog, house house, the one you live in). If you were following you will recall I sold my house in Portmore and I'm renting in town temporarily until the sale is final. Anyway where we are currently is a fantastic location and the rent is good but it's being sold and I can't find the $15 million that the owner is asking, so another rental dropped into my lap on the weekend and I'm moving. Final arrangements will be made today. Slightly higher rent for a much bigger place but in a traffic haven. I'm hoping that I can soon get back to my own though. I don't know what that implies for phone service as yet because we here aren't as fortunate as in some countries. Phone lines in some places are scarce so it's a wait and see thing. Anyway all in all I've survived but I'm back to my exercises for this back problem. Stretches every 1/2 hour and lots of standing up during the day. Have a great day all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your disc problem Scratchie. I guess the human body is like a cyar to rahtid...when it start get old(er) some o de parts dem need fe change. Hope you have some good analgesics.

Congrats to your parents on reaching 40 yrs. Mine would be heading for 42 this December had the Big Guy not called my Mother home in 2000. Ahh bwoy.

Regards the tool shed...a bredrin who used to go school with us, tell me that the size of the shed is directly proportional to the size of the tool! :-))

Hope you have a good week and try not to hurt up you disc with the moving 'ting. Tek it easy. Dr. D.

Angry Dog said...

Scratchie-san, sorry to hear about the back problem iya...hope it feel better soon and nuh bodda try lift up nuh heavy weights with the moving ting--that's what Dr. D. is for! Mek sure seh you rope him een!{arf,arf}

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the back pain, Scratchie... I wonder if a herniated disc hurts more than Sciatica... thats the problem I have. It sounds like the herniated disc would be worse still... I must ask the Doc. - Mad Bull

Desiree said...

ahh.. so it is back pain, that is a difficult pain to live with. Glad to hear (in your next post) that the pain is decreasing. Guess the exercises are helping?

Enjoy the move, we too are looking to move, but don't as yet have our current home sold.

Congrats to your parents... 40 years is quite a marital accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your parents on their 40th anniversary.
Hope your back is much improved by now. Tek it easy wid the moving...that would just mess it up again real quick.
Ciya