Monday, May 09, 2005

The Day After

Well it was my intent to do several things over this weekend but very few got done....who vex bout dat?...sue me! One of those things was to do a Mother's Day post. That didn't work out at all so I now say a Happy Belated Mothers' Day to all mothers especially those who pass through here regularly. I know Campfyah and Sunshine and Ciya and Desiree. Kami says she's still too young for this thing so we'll give her some time. I don't know about Fyr and Nena is well on her way but will have to wait till next year before she qualifies. Just to say a special thank you for the sacrifices you make on a daily basis for the well being of your children and families. These sacrifices are so often taken for granted. We do appreciate them. Well the weekend wasn't too bad. It's my first weekend without classes in quite a while so I felt a little out of sorts. Went and got my car's a/c fixed. It went bad on Thursday and with this heat it is a vital component of the car. Turns out to be a blown fuse. Cost of repairs J$20.00. Gave the guy J$100.00 to buy a beer and I was cool again (pun intended.) :) Finally got a well needed haircut. My Senior Manager looked quizzingly at my hair on Friday and laughed. She told me that locks or afro was not my thing. Went walking in the plaza for a change. Haven't been there since Christmas. I realized that several of the store owners know my mother. I had a good laugh about it. The lady at Woolworth said she hadn't seen her the week before. Mom is a shopaholic apparently. :) Yesterday all the men got together and bought Chinese for the mothers. It was a good dinner. Picking it up was a chore. We went to order and had to wait a while because of the crowd. We were told that the wait would be about an hour and a half. Decided to go and come back for it. Big mistake! When we went back could we find parking. I eventually had to kotch in a gateway while my Brother in law made about three trips to the restaurant to pick up the food. I can say many mothers were treated yesterday. Good thing we were doing take out because the seating wait was in excess of our pick up time. Everything else is OK I think. I got a little bit of rest but still need morebefore I have to tackle the next semester which starts on 24 May. Anyway I forgot my glasses this morning so I am keeping the reading to a minimum so I am gone for now. Later all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

$100 for a beer...depends on where him buy it if dat can do my yute! ;-)

Yes, Mother's Day and Chinese food...long wait iyah. I used to put een the order from early. Still sometimes did not pan out.

Scratchie wid locks...rahtid! Dr. D.

Abeni said...

What's with the chinese food? Seems to be a fave of the JA bloggers:)

Scratchie said...

Kami, It taste good, is a little expensive so makes for good special ocassions, we have the jerk and curry and other stuff on aregular basis so it's a change, did I say taste good, most of their restaurants have good ambiance so makes a nice going out venue, did I mention taste good....oh yes... it taste good.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone practising for an advertisment for Chinese food tasting good...I think I have to agree with the taste good person! ;-) Dr. D.

Jdid said...

i ill take jerk over chinese any day boy