Wednesday, May 25, 2005

No Rest for the Wicked

Hi all, I've been kinda busy so I haven't been near the blogs all weekend. Things have been just so hectic.
Well let me start back at Thursday. Devil find work for idle hands. On Thursday morning at sat in front of the mirror and just got tired of the old regular me so I grabbed a razor and did a clean shave, mustache and all. I have not been clean shaven in over twenty years. Now I know why. I have been ridiculed and laughed at by my wife daughter, son co-workers and more. It will probably be another twenty years before I get that urge again. One young lady told me that it made me look far younger and that has been my ego booster for the weekend. It's a good thing that it grows quickly so it has already started to grow back. By weekend I will be back to normal. No!! I will not post a picture!!
Saturday was spent at the airport. They are changing up out there. I will agree that it looks a lot more open. I will just have to wait and see what the end product looks like.
Sunday, wifey and I decided to treat ourselves to breakfast instead of the usual cooking. She likes some fish thing that Burger King does so Burger King it was. The Shorter One (notice I changed her name from simply Short to Shorter cuz she growing and growing fast) gives out that we should do this every week. Hello?? at age 13 she still thinks I make millions and have it stashed somewhere. Sunday afternoon was spent By wifey's brother. His daughter turned 13...in her words "finally"!
Monday I finally got around to some yard work. The recent rains have caused the garden to just go poof. grass and bush everywhere. Spent most of the morning cutting raking and planted a couple more trees. Hope they grow. Managed to cut the bushes and all the prickle trees without a scratch then after finishing that and no injuries I decided to fix the clothes line that was sagging. walked right into it and I now have a wonderful 1 1/2 inch cut on my cheek. Makes me look like one of those downtown bad boys...maybe I could go hustle some cash from some of those people...heh heh heh. Nah!!! couldn't even act the part if I wanted to.
Sent the car for service yesterday. It was doing the shut off at traffic lights thing so I figure why push it any further. Couple of filters, some spark plugs, two alternator belts and some minor adjustments and it's good to go.
School starts today for me. This is the 1st semester that actually includes a subject that relates directly to my degree. The semester is short and unlike the others I do about 6 hours during the work week and an additional 6 hours on Saturdays. So on Mondays and Wednesdays my a$$ is stuck in the classroom after having done a grueling day at work so.........
I hear that the 2 prescribed courses are rough but I'll make a judgement on that when I know what I'm getting into. I don't know what the third course is as yet but I'll find out later I suppose.
The Tall One is in the middle of his exams. He has English today and I think Maths tomorrow so this is a hard week for him too. He seems OK though.
Anyway just thought I would touch base with you guys so off to read some other peoples writings.
Later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re the lack of moustache....well over twenty years myself...I have never shaved it off and fear I would have to hide 'till it grows back. Can't imagine my face without it.

Good luck to the Tall One on his exams.

Re the Shorther One, and your $$$$...maybe she hear dat you a earn big bucks from blogging as well! ;-)

BTW...dem pay onoo? So far the UHWI hospital staff get weh de duck get widout any KY my yute! Man naw smile iyah! Check mi post. Later. Dr. D.

Jdid said...

wow, 20 years. I'm guessing maybe even you had some problems recognizing your face in the mirror. lol

Campfyah said...

Seems like yuh went thru a mini mid-life crisis over the weekend. Good thing it was onlee hair and will grow back.

Wait wunna have a Burger King in J'ca?? Dem does sell jerk chicken whoppers?

Tek it easy with school and before you know it will be over soon.

Scratchie said...

Yes Doc We got paid. Our salary doesn't come from central budget.
I keeping that photo well hidden Sunshine
Yep Jdid
you name iwe have it Camp...Burger King, McDonalds, Subways, KFC, TGIFridays, Pizza Hut, Domino's...Just call us little USA. ;)
The stores are franchises so they follow the standard menus. Every now and again they throw in a curve ball but pretty much what you get overseas is offered.

bitchdoctrine said...

I want TGIF Fridays! My dad did that once, and the baby didnt recognize him. hahahahaa

Do you have any mango trees up in your backyard? Soursop? Ackee? June Plum? Send me some...

Abeni said...

I hope you shaved the head to go along with the bald image:)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Scratchie...bald? Now that would have to post as picha!

See how man have mout now dat money leggo!? ;-) Dr. D.

Mad Bull said...

Bwoy, when I did the mustache removal thing, I was told my mout' looked like a pum pum! Over time it can grow on you still. I may do it again.