Monday, May 30, 2005

The Face of a King?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is what I spent my Sunday evening watching. The photo above is a silicone bust of what scientist/historians now believe King Tutankhamun (King Tut) looked like. They believe that this silicone based model is the most accurate representation to date. I swiped this photo off the National Geographic site.

I am not so much interested in the history of Tut who died some 3000 odd years ago. What intrigues me is the methodology used to generate the likeness. Here is the page from National Geographic. It has some other interesting stories about the boy king, his treasures nad some other stuff about how he died. It was long believed that he had been killed violently but recent scientific evidence put some twist to this theory. If you are interested you can hit the links at the bottom of the page that I already linked you to.

Let's see now, what else about the weekend. Nothing really yuh nuh. School was all day Saturday and I can tell you from now that the 3:00 to 5:00 class going to tek nuff effort to stay awake. The tutor is not the most vibrant of teachers and the class comes at the end of a long hot day so you get my drift.

Only other thing is that IT WELL HOT!!! People, I frettin bout dis yah summer because if is only May and the place feel like it cooking den mi can imagine all July when sun start bake muh likkle island. Fans are now well tuned up and when yuh see me considering a/c the rooms yuh mus know. Only problem is that when yuh put in a/c Mr. JPS will just be smiling.

Anyway I have some new summer folks here so I gots to go attend to them.

Later guys.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, saw that King Tut thing a few weeks ago miself. Similar technique they used to reconstruct the face of that little girl 'Precious Doe' that was killed, dem did chop off her head. Quite interesting I agree.

As fe de heat...it wikid fe true! Dr. D.

Angry Dog said...

Hey Scratchie, I was peeping the documentary myself the other day...really interesting stuff iya! Man, you bawling for hot and we up here bawling for cold!! We've been having rain, cold (below 60), and overall nasty weather all week!

Jdid said...

bottle some of the heat and send to me.

havent seen the King Tut thing but sounds really interesting so I'll check the website

Abeni said...

I saw part of a documentary on him and it was quite interesting.I htink they were saying he was murdered because of some slashes he had in his head.It real hot here too..it's driving me crazy and to top it off nuf fmosquitoes.Each morning I feel like I never sleep!

Mad Bull said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mad Bull said...

Respect to Sir Scratchie... It sounds interesting, maybe I will check it tomorrow, assuming I get home earlier than tonight...

Desiree said...

That information about King Tut could be interesting, I'll bookmark it for now ... but, have to head back to bed as I have a wee bit of a hangover today!