Thursday, July 07, 2005

1st Post for the Week

Well I was actally ill for the 1st part of this week. It all started on Sunday night. Sunday was the Tall Ones graduation. He is no officially no longer a high school student. Where did my baby go?? :( Anyway, after graduation, which was a little bit of a let down because of how they did the ceremony, we stoppoed for food. Needless to say my stomach said "REJECT!!!" in no uncertain terms. So that took me out for Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday it took me over an hour to get to work. Needless to say I was sooooooo late but that's life. Well by now most of you would have heard that we are under hurricane warning so in a matter of hours we are supposed to be having some "fun" with Dennis. Hope the effects are minor to none. Right now it's just light rain and we had a bit of breeze earlier. Yesterday however, I had to wait until a lightning storm subsided before venturing out. Those bolts were dropping all over the place so guess who wasn't gonna be no hero and go playing with no Zeus rods. Anyways I not sticking around with you this morning. I just wanted to say hi and to tell the other Yardies to stay safe. The rest of you keep us Jamdowners and the Caymanian posse in your thoughts and prayers as we weather the storm. Peace all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spoke to Daddy last night and he told me 'bout the heap o ra$$ lightening the night before. Glad that I unplugged the compi as well as the telephone line before I had flashed.

Hopefully this blow won't do too much damage (if any) ....we cyaan tek nutten! Stay safe and if things go as planned I should be back at yard on Tuesday. Dr. D.

Abeni said...

Stay safe and I hope my JA relatives will as well.Not to worry we always remain our parents babies:)

dorna! said...

Batten down the hatches and be safe.

Camille said...

Struggling with a little water here, but safe and dry... :-)

Nice to see you up and about again, scratchie - I can so relate on the stomach rebelling thing.

Likkle mo.

Campfyah said...

Scratchie, pass my congrats to your Tall One, what will his next move be, if yuh doan mind sharing.

Stay safe wid Denis, just talk tuh he lik man tuh man and send he long bout he business. We getting plenty rain here in Caracas also.

Mad Bull said...

Dennis looks like he has dallied around us, Sir Scratchie... May the Father be praised!

Scratchie said...

Hi all, Well the storm has passed us by for the most part. Some water and minor breeze but nothing much more than that in terms of damage.
Camp, Tall One is waivering between grade 12 (sixth form) and pre-university. He will await the results of CXC and then decide. Honestly, with what he has his mind on 6th form is a waste of time so I am pushing the pre-university direction.

Jdid said...

glad that the hurricane aint hit jamaica with full force