Wednesday, July 13, 2005

EC on Warning

Well it looks like Emily intend to plaster the Eastern Caribbean with one hell of a sloppy blowjob. We in for a wicked hurricane season this year guys so we better hang on to our hats. 5 named storm systems and 2 that have done some serious damage already with Emily on the way is not a nice prospect. This season goes from June to November, so 5 by July may mean a not so nice summer for us but moreso Florida who seems to catch them at their peak. My prayers go out to all my blog friends who are now bracing for a touch of Emily, especially Kami in SVG, Dorna! and our recent addition Small Island Girl in Trinidad. Guys weather the storm well, stay safe and be as prepared as you can be. Space shuttle is scheduled for launch today. Is not my family or friends on board but I still hold my breath every time that thing takes off. I remember when the shuttle exploded on take off. Back then I was so intrigued by space travel. I was at home sick the day and was glued to the television watching the launch...then booom....:( Then to relive something like that with the most recent loss of the space craft and more importantly more lives. I keep wondering how those families deal with that kind of loss. I wonder if it's really worth the time and effort we are putting into space exploration...to boldly go where no man has gone before....these are the voyages of the.....sorry wrong sci-fi. Anyway enuff rambling for me..Dr. D should be back but I haven't been by his site yet so...... Stay safe guys.

8 comments:

Marc M said...

It looks we are in for a storm of huricanes. It's just July and already so many have been out to cause upset.

I've always been fascinated by space too. I think it's for a good cause all the space stuff. Even apart from discovering other intelligent life, if we destroy this home planet of ours then we need a new place to live (even if its in a bubble) and even uninhabitable planets may have useul minerals and fossil fuels that we can use to replace our depleting supply.

Abeni said...

Thanks for the concern.I like the space voyages but would never be brave enough to take a trip if it were to be offered.Just the thought of men walking on the moon still amazes me,
Not sure how you go about picking up the pieces after tragedies like the space shuttle.Maybe they comfort themselves with the thought that their loved ones died while doing something designed to benefit all of us.

Anonymous said...

Yes, me reach back my yute. Will try do a proper post later.

We can do without all blowjobs... (provided by hurricanes of course!).....

Hope Kami, dorna and the rest down that end will be OK. May be our turn to get blown by weekend....if not rain is definite.

Love space, astronomy myself. Want to get me a telescope next trip to States.

While up so, heard it on news that three of the modifications/suggestions that NASA had suggested should have been implemented after the last shuttle disaster have not been done...but dem still a go through with launch....mek no ra$$ sense to me. What's the rush? Is humans lives, not robots a go up inna it! Anyway, we will see. Dr. D.

Camille said...

Wish I could be there to view it - never seen a shuttle launch live and I think it'd be a rather spectacular thing to watch. Provided of course we don't repeat the launch of Challenger a decade or so a-back as you say.

I second de wishes for the EC... Emily look a little uncertain, but she undoubtably going to deposit some senior water if not wind.

Stay safe and as dry as possible, eh?

Jdid said...

yea hopefully emily dont do too much damage to the caribbean i hopeful

space the final fronteir. man i dont know the last time iw atched a space shuttle takeoff. i remember that one when it blew up though

dorna! said...

Oy, thanks for the concern guys. I've stocked up, the house is a secure as it will ever be and I'm working my way through some scotch, 'cause there's no vodka.

The foolish thing turned south. Looks like the folks in Grenada are in for more pain.

Anonymous said...

The Shuttle launch was postponed...suppem wasn't working. Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

Whappen Scratch? No post? I guess the rude bwoy mussi a mek some Emily preparations. Doh leave nuh dinner for her you nuh.....then again, maybe you can, just lace it wid nuff Arsenic!

Stay safe and dry my yute. Dr. D.