Friday, July 15, 2005

Here We Go Again

Well folks we Jamaican folk are in for another blowjob. Hurricane Emily seems to have invited herself to our table and we can't get her to leave. We are once again under hurricane warning. Wifey and the Shorter One were supposed to depart tomorrow but that looks very unlikely at this point but we'll see. Right about now most business places are closing with the exception of supermarkets and hardware stores. Emily has be fluctuating between category 3 and category 4 but either way you take it...it's a big mofo storm. I don't particularly relish the thought of being hit with 30 miles per hour winds much less 125 miles per hour...... :( And from the looks of Africa's west coast we may have a storm every week for the next 2 weeks....not a comforting prospect at all. Well school has been on hold for this week and tomorrow is a definite no no so we are gonna be in for it because exams I am sure exams have been set. We are going to be required to do the last few chapters on our own. Guess I'll just start from now. Work is here. Let me not say anymore because I think I work with some of the most inconsiderate, self serving, s.o.b. who call themselves managers. I live nearby so I have no real issues but we have staff that need to get home and do prep work for these storms. If they leave at 4:30 there is nothing that they can do to secure their homes. The government has sent home its staff at 2:00 so why are they sticking out to 4:30? Just plain old bad mind. They will have to answer for their actions if not here certainly hereafter. Anyways to all my blog friends who are yet to feel the effects of this thing..stay safe.

8 comments:

Marc M said...

Hang in there scratchie. I've also been trying to prepare to weather Emily.

Abeni said...

Stay safe.

dorna! said...

Scratchie man I eh have nutin' to do wit Emily!

Be safe...

Jdid said...

i hope and pray it doesnt turn out too badly for you guys.

Camille said...

Yea - always wondered about that nonsense... who the hell have the time and resources to prepare for a storm with less than 2 hours of daylight left much less limited last-minute-shopping options?

Long time I seh to myself that if I not ready, I going to go get ready - and to hell wid dem 4pm (or 4:30 as in your case)... if dem want to tek it out of mah vacation, mek dem gwaan... better one less vacation day than whole heap ah wata fi sweep out at home.

Chuh.

Anonymous said...

Well, despite the 2 PM shutdown, we had clinic as usual today...which started at 1:30 PM. The hospital high ups (asswipes) had disaster preparedness meeting and decided not to cancel afternoon clinics today. Clinic Secretary was missin in action promptly at 2...apparently we Docs and Nurses nuh live nuh weh! Luckily patient turnout was low...lef up deh about 4.

Never thought the day would come that I would hear miself seh I getting tiyad o blowjob my yute. Hope it is a gentle one still. Stay safe sah. Dr. D.

dorna! said...

Y'all alright?

Japronika said...

Hey just showin' luv ;)