Thursday, July 21, 2005

What a gwaan?

Well today is Thursday and nothing much going on really.
Family are away and I'm surviving. They called last night and they are enjoying themselves. Decided to go the easy route last night...bought Chinese food at China Gardens in New Kingston. Food fill the gap yuh hear. It wasn't bad at all and the amount of food would turn you into an immediate glutton. I finished half of the food and was FULL. I couldn't eat a stitch more.
As for me well you know the usual...school work is the most critical item on my agenda for a while. Had a major presentation last night that accounts for 60% of out course work grade. It went extremely well. We made a presentation on the Implications of China as an Emerging Economic Super power to the US, EU, CARICOM and Asia. We were told that our grades should be in the 90's so that is a definite good news. We passed the essay for the Caribbean Econ course with a C+. I hear it is one of the highest grades. The maximum grade gotten by any group from that lecturer is a B- so we aren't gonna complain. A waste of time course if there ever was one.
Got The Shorter One's report card yesterday and she passed all her subjects. She starts grade 9 in September and is doing really well. She has a fear of exams that usually see her failing miserably yet she passes the course work. This year she passes them all...exams and all. Congrats to you "Little S".
Little S is our ongoing name calling. I've called her that for years and she calls me Big S. Little S was me teasing her by calling her "little stinker" and when she caught on I changed it to "little s" which could be mistaken for "littlest". She couldn't say that I called her stinker but she caught on and started calling me Big S and when I tackle her about it she says "no it's biggest". This name calling has been our amusement for years.
Anywayz I gone. Have a great day you all.

7 comments:

Scratchie said...

You are correct about the lecturer. He doesn't teach at all. he gives two multiple choice tests that seem to be standard issue because everybody has them ...answers and all and then seems to use the essays to lower the high grades that will obviously result from the swatting. by not giving more than C+ he ensures that the student can't get more than a B in the course.

Jdid said...

the grades aint lookingbad. so what are the impacts of china's emergence as a economic super power?

Abeni said...

Still not get acquainted with the stove eh!

Scratchie said...

JDid ...all who did think dem did big and control everything...better think again. If they continue on the line they are on now they will be a force to be seen.

Scratchie said...

Hi Kami...yeah I reason with the stove in the mornings for breakfast and to deal with doggy food. Otherwise...not a baxide.

Yamfoot said...

you sound really sad to be alone.

Meanwhile, back at Yamfoot's ranch, only Pops is here. Four are out of the house and I am enjoying the quiet and peace.

Mad Bull said...

Congrats to "Little S" on behalf of the blogging team. I am sure the others would join be in extending these good wishes.

Re the China thing, I agree with you 100%. At the same thime, what do you think of India's prospects for super-power-dom?