Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Home Report

Well contrary to the title I really don't have much to tell you all. Home is boring without the family. Oh Yamfoot asked about the Tall One...Well he left from a week and a half ago so he is enjoying life in the Big Apple (NY) with his aunt and cousin. Wifey and Shorter One have joined him there for a week before heading to Baltimore. He wants to stay in NY...I suspect because his younger cousin in Baltimore was a pain in the neck on our last trip. Besides "J" his NY cousin is nearer to his age anyway. Plus she has a readimade party companion with him around. School has really started to heat up as exams draw nearer. Well I got back the Caribbean Econ test that I was worrying about. I passed but definitely not with the usual grades. I didn't scrape either but let's just say a sigh of relief went up. This is one course I definitely have not gained anything from. The testing method encourages swatting answers to respond verbatum and I believe one should be able to understand and interpret not just regurgitate. Just can't study that way. Anywayz I just passing through. Thanks for the eating tips guys. Believe me some of them are already being used. Dr.D I will definitely link with you (hurricanes permitting).

3 comments:

Abeni said...

You actually following those eating tips? here's a real tip-pot,water,rice.You get the message,yet:)

Scratchie said...

gweyyyyy....fyah pon cooking !!!!
I can cook...just too damn lazy to bother.

more fyah pon cooking!!!!

Yamfoot said...

oh!
so you're alone!
Never mind. Dem soon come back.

Hey, I like the new format of breaking up the text and having defined paragraphs. Makes it easier to read for the visually challenged like me.

Assessment strategies often have little relationship to learning outcomes and does not take into account how the students will need to apply the information after the course has long gone. I disagreed with a lot of the assessment methods I have been exposed to.

I even wrote an essay about one of them (Accounts, 1st year) and got a distinction for it. I basically said it was a crock, because I passed the Accounts exam without knowing how to do T-accounts, and how to prepare a profit and loss account or read a balance sheet.