Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Hi all, This is a busy week for me so it's in and out for today. I have three projects due and a test on Saturday so all hell is here. It done bruk loose long time. Well I got back my grades for my short story that I posted about 2 weeks ago. I am pleased with myself. My first real effort at writing like this and I got my 9/10 (90%). yeaaaay to me. The other piece that I need to give in was due last night. I submitted a draft and was given some feedback on how to improve it. Well I have until Tuesday to give in the final paper. We'll see if I can do any better than the draft. At the same time we are working on another piece and a major project so I am swamped. The Portmore people are really getting into their thing with the causeway issue. I wish them all the best. The dog is back home after a two night stint at the vet. She is not a happy camper but she will live. This 3:00a.m. school work thing and me not working at all but it has to be done. We celebrated mom's birthday with a couple of cakes and some serious Chinese food. She loved it, plus her 2 sisters who still live in Jamaica came over so she was in seventh heaven. Students blocked the gates last friday to protest the non receipt of last semesters grades, the new computerized system and some other stuff. I'm an evening student so I wasn't their. I agree with them though. The university is too slack. I passed all my last semester courses. The one I was fretting about ended up to be my best grade. Weird. My GPA fell a little but I'm not worried. Anyway enough from me today. I'll try chat with you guys later. Enjoy the day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your marks Scratchie, Happy belated Birthday to your Mum!

Have a great day too.

Ciya

Abeni said...

Congrats on the mark! Do I see writing in your future:).That university bizniz is ridiculous but am not surprised.I have some friends doing distance studies with UWI and they yet to recieve their last semester grades too.

Mad Bull said...

Good going, Sir Scratchie, re the good results. Hope the stuff you have to hand in will turn out well... Hey, you notice that blocking road or gate or something is the national form of protest? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Bwoy....Scratch....I'm beginning to wonder if getting to your comment box requires a password...trus me!

Anyway, 90% can work.....but whats this 'bout your GPA falling a bit? Mind we tek weh the blogger's scholarship you nuh! ;-) Dr. D.

Stu said...

So what's your favorite and least favotite classes?

Scratchie said...

Hey all, I'll soon remedy the commenting issue. Blogger has pissed me off once too often so we'll see where it goes when I get some free time. Well Stu, it'd difficult to have a favourite or least favourite simply because you only do each subject for about 14 weeks. I like computer related and math oriented subjects. I don't like subjects that have you doing pointless reading for sake of calling it a subject. So I guess you could say I like the practical and semi practical courses. This semester the one that I'm enjoying the most is my culture class.