Thursday, March 31, 2005

Rest in Peace

Terri Schiavo died this morning after numerous appeals by her family and all sorts of other battles between her "husband" and her family. It grieves my heart to think that we can treat a human life in this fashion and it is sanctioned by the law. There have been many discussions about the real reason why her "husband" wanted her dead (including discussions about financial gains). Whatever the reason, it is just not right. I think we have sunken to a new low as human beings when we can televise the cruel starvation of another person over a two week period. The question I ask is, since Mr. Schiavo no longer wanted to be married to this woman why not divorce her and turn her over to her parents and family who seemed willing to care for her. I think we have treated her worse than what I've seen officials in that same country arresting people for because they have treated their dogs poorly. I have nothing more to say other than Rest in Peace. Time and God will judge in due course.

4 comments:

Abeni said...

So happy it finally over for her.Still annoys me that she was starved to death and I probably wil blog about it tomorrow.

Abeni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When I was dressing to go work this AM she hadn't died yet...they were saying they expected it in a few hours. Tough case...I nuh know. Dr. D.

Mad Bull said...

Well, I done chat bout this already so you know how I feel about it...