Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Ramblings

Hi All, Just hailing you all up since I really haven't had the time to think through my posting. The week has started quietly and I'm hoping that it continues that way for the week. I missed school on Saturday. I was exhausted and then wifey announced that she had stuff to deal with so I ended up doing the domestic stuff. It was a well needed break though. Seems that all the excitement goes on when I'm not there. I told you all about the test I had done the week before, well it seems that there is a concern that the test was received by some students beforehand. I don't know what the decision will be but I hope I don't have to do that stupid thing again. One set of torture is enough. I should be at class this evening but we are supposed to visit the National Gallery on Thursday. This will take the place of our usual class. I'm kinda looking forward to it. Wifey is encouraging me to approach it with open eyes. Her grandfather was a noted artist and sculptor and has several pieces on display in the gallery. We still have one piece at home but most of the others are either in private collections or in permanent display at the Gallery. They are worth quite a bit I'm told....and therefore? This death by cancer has become really a worrying point for me. Yet another young lady who used to be my co-worker has died. I saw her photo in the papers and was told that she was a cancer victim. Sad. I have had to attend 4 funerals since the start of this year with another pending tomorrow. The young lady and I were not close so I'll b spared the agony of attending another. Wuld it be horrible for me to say that I wish not to attend any more funerals until my own? That's how I feel. A friend of mine once said that you know when you are getting old because you start attending less and less weddings and more and more funerals. Seems he had a point. More assignments are due so you will be seeing only shadows of me for a while. my addiction to you guys won't allow me to stay away but I can't kick it cold turkey so you'll see me araound from time to time for the next week or two. Anyway, gone about my employer's business. Later all.

5 comments:

Abeni said...

Tough about that exam.Hope it gets resolved without having to retake it.Funerals depressing for real especially when it is young people.Take care

Mad Bull said...

Good luck with the exams and the assignments, Sir Scratchie

Anonymous said...

Scratchie the art critic...respec my yute!

That is effrys about the test! I man woulda vex.

Re the funeral thing...yeah man, too many. I really have to know the deceased or their family well to go.

Enjoy the day. Dr. D.

CoolDestiny said...

My Step-Grandmother died last week Monday from Alzheimers. I really wish I didn't have to go and have not actually made up my mind if I'm going or not ... wasn't close to her at all. Too much death around that I've made the same resolution as Scratchie in that I decided at one point that I would not attend any more funerals. Sad state of affairs.

Jdid said...

wow, took me forever to get onto this post to comment.

anyway sorry to hear about your workmate. seems like lots of folks dying young these days. well at least we aint like botswana where the expected life expectancy is 30 these days.