Friday, April 01, 2005

April 1, 2005

Not a really significant day at all. I'm just feeling kinda low today and I figure the no direction of this post will show it. Before I forget, my day is fast approaching. Can you imagine that on 6 April I will be the big 40. I don't feel any older than when I was twenty. I do feel fatter :) which is agiven. Who knows maybe over the next few days I will feel the effects of the age change. 5 days is a long time when you come to think of it. I came up in the elevator with several persons this morning. It struck me that we respond so differently to the men and women that we encounter on our trip up in the mornings. When the ladies are exiting it's alwayys something to the effecy "Bye Jane, have a nice day." with so much expression and feeling. To the men however it's something like "Easy nuh John" or "Later". What happen? Men don't need to have good days too? It's just that male thing that shows itself , call it the ego thing or the stereotype response. Carnival is supposed to be this weekend but it really seems low-keyed this year. Normally the buzz would be around the various activities and parties but not much of that at all. I guess everybody is being affected by the troubles whether financial or violence or sickness. Speaking of illness, well it would appear as if the Catholic Church is about to go through another transition. Pope John Paul II appears to be on death's door as he weakens daily. The Vatican appears to have gone into preparation mode. The usual idea is to downplay the severity of the situation so we are in a "wait and see" mode. This Pope has been one of the most widely travelled leaders in the churches history. He took an interest in what was happening to the church worldwide and had a particular interest in the youth. There was a large convention of youth in Canada a few years ago and he was there. I think however that his work is now at an end and he can rest after a job that has been well done. His job could not be easywith 63 million Catholics in the US alone. I wonder who will succeed him. Time will tell. Anyways I was just saying "Hi" and telling you all to have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Jdid said...

men cant show no emotion. ya have to be tough about work. imagine you saying have a nice day to another fella. man he might think something wrong with you.

Abeni said...

Hey..So men does get depress too about age:)Well the Pope fought long and hard and I admire his strength.But,if he can't fight no more it is okay to let go too.Enjoy the weekend

Anonymous said...

True what you seh bout us rude dudes...when you meet a male co worker...."Whaapen sah?" or "Wah gwaan?" Ladies now..."Good morning." Yeah, is the ego thing.

Tell a man at work have a nice day...you done know what him might think!

Yeah, seems the Pope's time seems nigh.

Don't worry about the 40 business....when next we link up I'll tell you likkle suppem that will help cheer you up! ;-) Dr. D.

Mad Bull said...

Bwoy Scratchie, we can't hide from it. The only way to avoid the big 4-0 is to literally not pass it at all, and I think we'd all prefer to pass it, nuh true? Re the pope, I don't know why all the catholics are up into vigil, etc... popes come and popes go, Iyah... Another one is waiting in the wings. Maybe the next one will free up the priests for marriage, thus reducing the number of paedophiles who seek out the church. That would be a positive move, IMHO...
Imagine, one likkle man (Paul) say "If you can lef di woman dem alone, in MY opinion, you woulda better off", and the whole of dem frighten and gone go do fool-fool, unnatural things. Eediat dem. Thats just my opinion though, and don't think I am one of those who just love to bash the catholic religion. I AM a catholic.

Stu said...

40 and beyond have been the best years of my life. Sure I had fun as a kid, and I had a blast going to High School and Collage in a beach town in Florida, but priorities change and you prefer different things. Remember seeing all those old men walking around the mall in white shorts with black dress socks and white dress shoes and how funny you think they look. They like it and someday you will like it - and feel good about it.

Anonymous said...

Whappen Scratch? Pre-40 blues why nuh post yet? Jus cool. Basically wondering what a gwaan wid you. Dr.D.