Thursday, April 21, 2005

Hey guess What???

Hey all just a quick good morning to you all and here's wishing you a great day. Have been up since 1:00 this morning so right now the caffeine talking bigtime. Side effects are horrible though because now I'm wide awake but half sleeping if yuh get mi. Guess what...WE GOT SOME RAIN!!! Well at least the place will start to look a little greener. I have decided to leave out the news stuff for this week especially the crime situation. Some things are better left unsaid nuh true. Riverton City is creating a bit of havoc this week. Riverton City is our local landfill (dump). It is located off the Spanish Town Road here in Kingston on some 70 - 80 acres of land. Unfortunately a fire has been going on there since the weekend and the authorities are unable to do anything about it for one reason or the other. My neighbourhood is upwind from the smoke and believe me...It not pretty at all. My home is not within walking distance and is in fact not just around the corner but we are getting it good. I feel sorry for the people who live much nearer than I do. I can just imagine what they are going through. I understand some people have had to leave because of the smoke. The rains yesterday are making the smoke thicker so it is causing some discomfort in the midst of the good it is doing for the plants. Ah bwoy...yuh just can't win. Anyway, I'm gone. I will try to post again later but for now..tah tah.

5 comments:

Jdid said...

srry to hear about the problem with riverton city

Abeni said...

I hate that smok ething.When my neighbours burning garbage its a source of real irritation! Get some rest tho because after a while the brain don't remember anything

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your smoke woes...thankfully I am pretty far away from that.

I'm loving the rain. Last night was great and quite cool. Dr. D.

Stu said...

At least it will be able to hold more after the fire burns everything off.

Camille said...

I shame to admit that is not until Monday that I realize the dump was burning... (what with my tendency to avoid the news like plague). I just couldn't understand what my neighbours have to burn soh every single night for an entire 2 weeks.... made my sinuses rebel in one of the worst ways ever - I am *still* trying to recover....

I want to tell you that I would have thought that rain would've calmed things down a bit - clearly I am still very naive on the whole dump fire issue.

*sigh*