Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Today is......

Hey all, Let me start by first saying "Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear Scratchie, Happy Birthday to me." Yes folks, today I attain the wonderful age of 40. A milestone if there ever was one. A nuff years to deh bout yuh nuh. Today has been mostly uneventful so far so I'm cool with that. Got a call from my mom and a gift. My uncle from farrin (foreign) sent me a card and a juice money :-). He always seems to have a knack for remembering these things. I don't know if I had mentioned it before but I decided to take the Tall One (at his request) to a counsellor to see if it would get him to see things and life a little differently. The first session was last night. All seems to have gone pretty well since she was actually able to get him to speak for quite a long time I might add. He tends to be on the very quiet side so that in itself is an accomplishment. She has scheduled another session for next week and he seems eager to go so we'll see how that goes in time. School is school so I won't go there today. Had the chance to sit at my window at work yesterday and watch them filming segments of a music video with Capleton. What always amazes me is that these artistes who claim to be so for the African and Rastafarian culture always seem to use the young flighty flighty light skinned girls in their videos. I would have thought that they would have gone for persons closer to their "ideal". if yuh get mi drift. It would appear that even in the black culture and the culturest of culture the preference is still towards the "high" coloured girls....brownings if you rather with the token "African Princess" thrown in for good measure. Maybe I'm wrong but I can only tell you what I see and think. Anyway no long post this morning just a bit of chatter from me. Oh yeah, we finally got some well needed rain over the last 2 days. FANTASTIC!!!!!! The place is so much cooler and I actually saw blades of grass shooting up already. It facinates me that I could water the grass till hell freezes over and nothing and one shower of rain and the place turns green. Unfair!!!! We want justice!!! Roooight, better mi save the water bill and just wait on nature...nuh true? Later guys.

10 comments:

Abeni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! They say life begins at 40,so you now start to live.Hope your day is great.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you likkle ra$$ you! Keep the juice money so we can mek a Friday link soon ;-) Dr. D.

Jdid said...

happy birthday man. all the best and i wish you many mant more

but still i notice the girls in the dancehall videos duz be still lil darker than the ones in the hip hop videos.

Anonymous said...

Happy big 40. Have an enjoyable one.

Mad Bull said...

Happy birthday, Sir Scratchie. Whatever you do, keep your drinks moneyaway from the Doc, of you might die of thirst! ;-)

Angry Dog said...

Happy 20th Anniversary of your 20th Sir Scratch-a-lot! (hmmm, that never sound too right). Best wishes for nuff nuff more happy times!

Campfyah said...

Happy Birthday Scratchie...ahhhh the glorious 40's now you gonna start living life.

Good move for you and the Tall One, hope all works out for the family...you see there is still hope.

Well ley me not get started on dem video Ho girls and de rappers/dancehall DJ's dat de a drk as night and always up unda some light bright girl...talk one thing and say another..but dat's how the industry goes.

Desiree said...

Happy Birthday! Well, I've turned 40 (a year ago)...and it is actually a good age to be, you have maturity and experience and for most of us we are well past the 'having babies' by this time and getting into a time where we can enjoy life... and see our little ones gain independence. Enjoy it and the freedom it gives you from being the young and inexperienced. Happy Birthday!

Scratchie said...

Thanks so very much. You have all helped to make it a very special day. It was good.

CoolDestiny said...

I'm so very late but better late than never. Happy Belated Birthday Scratchie ... hope it was good and well spent.