Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday

Well today is the end of the work week for most of us. This week was more or less pretty uneventful and believe me in today's Jamaica that's a good thing. No more Popes to elect or Michael Jacksons to try. I was up till about 11:30 last night reading stuff because my first exam is on Monday morning bright and early. I was going to get up at about 4:00a.m. to do some more work but at 4:00 I saw the lights on in the living room and .....I saw the light on in the living room.......just before going back to sleep to hold another 2 hours of dreams. To hell with the books!!! Man body know when man body has had enough. It's hard to believe that another semester has ended already. I have another 2 years to go in this programme but a friend of mine says that that sounds awful and drawn out so I replied that I had 7 more semesters to go to finish and smiles all around. It's true although the number is larger, 7 as opposed to 2, the units of measurement plays havoc with the mind. in actual fact 7 semesters is 2 1/3 years. You can all tell by now that I have absolutely nothing to tell you this morning don't it? Got a credit card bill yesterday and never even realised that it had no balance on it. I had vowed some time ago to retire at least two of the little monsters. I had simply been paying the more than minimum payments each month. It has definitely paid off. So on Monday Iwill chop up that card into little pieces and do a return to sender thing. Being able to buy when you need to is one thing but paying back for stuff that you could do without in the first place is definitely not cool. Work yesterday was kinda glum. One of the people that we do business with in Trinidad (they make uniforms for our ladies) called to say that the gentleman who is assigned to our account was killed in a car accident on his way to work in Trinidad. It kinda sent us here into a tailspin because simply because the way we do business lends itself to the staff in my department becoming more than just acquaintances with this type of contractor. This gentleman was here on several ocassions and was entertained by staff here and the same happened when our people went to visit their factories to ensure we were getting what we paid for. It is therefore the loss of a friend. Rest in peace Robert and may your family and fiance be comforted in this time of sudden loss. My wife's uncle will be buried tomorrow. There will be a church service in the morning and then we will travel to St. Thomas (one of our 14 parishes) for the final burial. Tomorrow is going to be a loooooooonnnnnggggggggggg day. Anywayz I have run out of ramble this morning and I'm still a bit tired so I am going to take my leave of you. You won't see me writing on Monday so You will have to wish me all the best from now. Take care and see you Tuesday.

8 comments:

Abeni said...

2 more years or 7 semesters not bad .It soon done and it will be worth it.Sorry to hear about your friend in Trinidad-sadly they seem to have so many road fatalities.Enjoy the weekend and stay on top the studies

Campfyah said...

Scratch...muh man, you'll be surprised how fast 2 yrs will go by. Good Luck on your exams next week.
Seems like you have a long dreadfull weekend ahead. Well just squeeze in a lilttle pleasure with the Tall One and the Wifey. Enjoy!

Jdid said...

good luck with the exam monday, get some sleep or you cant operate properly
sorry to hear about the deaths

Anonymous said...

Good luck Monday....and you will write suppem,...just make sure is on de exam paper.

How I know what you talking 'bout when the body tiyad and man a try study. In med school days nuff nite at all 2AM me used to wake up wid text book as mi pillow, simply to kick off what clothes lef, drop book on ground beside bed and turn off light!

Good re the credit card...I have one that I trying to keep quiet myself.

Have funeral Wednesday next week. Dr. D.

Yamfoot said...

I never even used to bother to say i will get up at no 4am, cause I knew I loved my bed too much.

All these people from my era who say CXC was stressful time for them, I just remember going through the motions like it was the motions. Same for my university degree. i guess that is why it took me 4 years to do a 3 year degree!

But my Masters was a totally different kettle of fish. I think I spent more time in the library during one semester in England, than I spent in my entire high school and BSc university life!

Camille said...

Oi... good luck Scratchie - altho you prolly done wid it already as I write dis...

bwoy - I am so not looking forward to going back to school... briefly contemplated trying to get a scholarship and go full time... Ha! Right. Back in the real world.

bitchdoctrine said...

good luck sweetie. i know you will murk the exams. my condolences to your tragedy. things will work out in the end...just pray!

Anonymous said...

Here is hoping seh you mash down de exam! Dr. D.