Thursday, April 14, 2005

Today

Well the interviews went as predicted. That university needs some *help* seriously. The students are supposed to be leaving with Bachelor degrees in in most cases I get better responses out of high school students. It is really a waste of time to go every year and not find a single prospective candidate. They are childish unprepared in a nutshell...dem nuh ready fi di world yet. I asked one student to give me an idea of how her degree programme has helped to prepare her for the work world and the phrase "dumb blond" comes readily to mind. Only thing is that she was a brunette browning. That fassy has raised GCT. I'm talking about the Minister of Finance, Dr. Omar Davies. I try to be diplomatic on my site and present a stable picture of things but this man has broken all boundaries. Don't be surprised if yuh hear riot break out in Jamaica. The a$$hole has public sector workers locked in a Memorandum of Understanding and even his rate hike has violated the agreement. Let's hear what the unions will say about his latest piece of crap. I am all for locking down this country at this point. Something is up with IE tonight because I can't access blogger from that browser. I am able to do so in Firefox so something going down. Sent an email to support so we'll see. Anywayz I man gone.

8 comments:

Mad Bull said...

>> That fassy has raised GCT!

Wait! The Scratchman get bex! Him bringle! An' ef 'im bringle, everybody mussi bringle! The place mash dung now! Call an election! Immediately!

Anonymous said...

You know, I never listen to Omar a ra$$....now you a gimme news mek me vex to! Basically, only ting lef for dem to do is castrtate man! Cause, dem already a squeeze de family jewels well tight! :-((( Dr. D.

Desiree said...

How very frustrating to go through the potential new hires and find them so lacking.

I had to resort to IE tonight as couldn't comment in Firefox on your site.

Anonymous said...

Hi Scrathcie.
i hear about the tax increase on famefm this morning but i don't live in JA so I don't know much about Dr. Davies but sounds like nobody is happy about it.

It's pitiful that you had no potential canadites at the University. I don't see much in holding just the students responsible. Where the teachers to help prepare them. Mock interviews and stuff....While I was in school we had a department solely for job seeking and interview tips. Better luck next year huh....

Nena

Jdid said...

sorry to hear about the lack of potential candidates
my interviews start next week. not looking forward to them at all.

Angry Dog said...

Hey Scratchie-san....the man sound vex iya! But I don't blame you still...16.5% is ridiculous! As for the University students, we have the same problem here...it scares me to see what we're sending out into the working world iya!

Anonymous said...

Yu know Scratchie, I would come work for you, but mi nah come fi no 16+% tax to rass!!!!

Ciya

CoolDestiny said...

I am so pi$$ed it isn't funny. All these taxes and we can't see where it is going to benefit us, only going directly into their pocket.

I don't expect any riots as Jamaicans have long since just sat back and taken everything that is dished out to us. No one will stand up and say enough is enough. I am fully in support of it because this slackness can't continue. We are literally being raped as a society and doing absolutely nothing about it.

That's it!! I'm moving to Switzerland!