Friday, April 08, 2005

Friday at Last

Well I am just saying "Hi" this morning cuz I really haven't had the time to think about anything that is worth posting this morning. I have been up since the wee hours of the morning working on an assignment that is due shortly. It's group project and I have not seen any of the other parts from my group members. Anyway I gave them until lunch time today to hand it to me so I wait. I am really exhausted so You will have to forgive me if I ramble and cut this really short. Last night I caught pieces of the news and I had to laugh. I mentioned the curfew in Spanish Town in yesterday's post. Well apparently JPS decided to use the opportunity of the police protection to disconnect a lot of illegal connections to the power grid. This lady was on public media complaining that they turned off her light and she doesn't know how she is going to go about her business and how the company wicked. Now the connection was illegal to begin with so what is your beef. What made it worse was that the lady said she was not in a position to get a legal connection because the JPS will not connect power to captured land. I was like "WHAT????" Basically, my girl not paying for anything. She lives on land illegally, gets light illegally and I'm positive that she gets water illegally too because NWC has similar policies to JPS. I think the main problem with things in this country is that quite a large portion of the population seems to feel that the government and everybody else owes them a living, free of cost. I do agree that things are hard work wise and financially but regardless of that fact you are not owed anything. We need to get real. I won't get into the other issue which is that the government(s) have caused this problem by how they have run things and how they have manipulated the people for votes but that is another blog. Have a great weekend guys.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scratch....dem ting mek man waan cuss Ra$$ pon a Friday...is my light bill and yours a pay fe all dem illegal connection deh! Disconnect dem yes. Fassyholes.

Hope seh the rest of your assignment crew meets the lunch time deadline. TGIF! ;-) Dr. D.

Campfyah said...

Scratchie, you bring back many memories of my post-grad days and papers due, projects to be completed and burning the midnight oil. I hope your team gets it together in time for presentation.

Man de Gov't right to disconnect dem people...It' you, Dr. and all de other utility payers that paying
high fees fuh dem freeness.

Jdid said...

that captured land thing is crazy. she want putting off the land. its alright to say yea she need somplace to live an all that but what about the legal landowners right?

Abeni said...

Squatting kinda problematic here too.Thing is politicians encourage it and the people put down big houses and then you know they not moving.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Scratchie - you've easily become a blog pal and here's hoping you have a great year!!!

Anonymous said...

Scratch....you cool? Jus checking... Dr. D.