Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hail up

Good morning all. No I'm not dead, and yes I'm still alive and kicking. Answered both questions in one :). Well I kind of made myself scarce in the face of some serious school work. Major project for my elective and our dramatic presentation were both due last night. Both went reasonably well. The project, which we estimated would be about 20 pages, when complete had 66 pages of useful information. Dr.D., don't even ask useful to who cuz I know you will have something to say.
Our audience for the presentation consisted of our tutor and several passerbys who stopped to tek een the spectacle that unfolded before their very eyes. We were applauded and one young man shout out at the end "Wicked presentation people!". For a one week plan and 2 run throughs that costantly changed we did an extremely good job if I do say so myself.
Went up to school during the day to sort out my registration status. Seems I should be OK for exams. Paid the balance on my fees and I'm good to go. Will pick up my exam card on Friday.
Last night was my last in the week class for the semester. Need to get the research info for my final paper.
Well it seems as if the ridiculous assignment that I was given to do at work has come to an end. Good ridance is my only comment. That company that they employed to conduct the final steps should be black listed. They are taking money under false pretences. All the work has been done in house and all they need to do is just present what we have provided them. I don't think they will even change a sentence.
The Tall One seems to be settling. I think he is still worried about his upcoming exams but it appears from a meeting that I had at his school this week that the majority of his grade are having similar problems. He is from all indications trying to make an effort following his discussions with the counsellor. He likes talking with her so he seems to try to do whatever they agree on. I'm kinda just watching to see where it goes. At least he doesn't look like the world is on his shoulders.
Spanish Town in the news again. Whooopppeeeee!!!!! I ain't goin there this morning.
The by elections to fill the seat left by Mr. Seaga is being held today. It is expected that Mr. Golding will win by a landslide. The PNP representative has a chance that is worse than a snowball's chance in hell of winning but hey politics is a funny game.
Before I leave, funerals are the thing of this year. Can't win. Wifey's uncle died on Sunday. I think his body just said "It's time" because it started out with a heart attack and turned into liver and kidney failure so..... One of my co-worker's father also passed away on Friday. He had ost his mother recently and now his father. As a matter of fact his mother's funeral was listed in the number that I had to attend since the start of the year. Keep them in prayers please if you are so inclined.
I won't be in office tomorrow. It is that time of year again when my job takes me to the other side of the island to interview at the university in Mandeville. We go down annually to look for prospective recruits. I'm kinda skeptical this year because of what we have seen with their programme but we'll see. I'm going with an open mind. A part of the problem that we have had in the past is that the students all seem to be inculcated with the theory that they are at a disadvantage because the school is run by a certain religion. They need to realize that what puts them at a disadvantage is not their religion but the negativism that their perceived disadvantage creates. They would do much better interviews if they came in seeing themselves as equals. We tend to portray what we think of ourselves even without realizing it. Human nature.
Anyways I think I've chatted enough for the morning.
Later all. Have a great day. See you all Friday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

'useful information.....' ....useful to who!? ;-) (see I didn't disappoint!)

Good to have you back, my reading had been cut by your absence rude bwoy.

I took on Spanish Town today still...

Good to get outta de office for a change of scenery. I welcome anything that can get me away from the corridors of that place up in Mona.

Hope your marks on the assignment are tops if not almost tops! Respec. Dr. D.

Jdid said...

I got interviews here possibly starting this week too. I just had to whittle down 90 something odd applications to a final 5 for interview purposes on one job. that not easy at all. have fun with the interviews

Campfyah said...

Good to see yuh back if onlee for a short time. Congrats on yor presentation and good luck on yuh exams..it gonna be all ova soon, unless yuh decide to go for the big one. What ít yuh studying again?

Hang in there with the Tall One, yuh know ah feeling yuh on this matter wid him. Mi Tall One doing he thing also.

Abeni said...

Hope you get an A after all the hard work.Good news about the tall one

Mad Bull said...

Scratchie, borrow a digicam and film your presentation and post it on the site nuh? I'm dying to see it!

bitchdoctrine said...

did it rain yet? i heard it's hotter than hell down there du eto the drought. i wonder if my mangoes will be affected...

Scratchie said...

hey all. read the comments. MB, that won't be posted in this lifetime I can assure you :)
@ starfoxx15 the mangoes are fine. It's hot like hell but the bigger plants don't feel it much. the shrubs and grass take a beating though so the place is kinda brown all around.