Monday, April 18, 2005

Monday Again

Well guys it was an intersting weekend fuh real. Before I get any further, guess who was in church on Sunday... nuh the fassy I spoke about in my previous post. Guess he figured he needed some blessing after that budget unleashed from last week. Anyways I won't deny him his blessings. As father so rightly put it, "He doesn't have any friends right now". Last week I decided to go sort out my school stuff. I went and paid my fees on Monday and decided that I was going to collect my exam card on Friday. Knowing my school I decided to give myself the extra time because I know they will find some way to screw up a simple straight forward process. To cut a long story really short I got the card but guess what, It missing something. As a matter of fact all three of the processes saying something different. OK...I am registered to do three courses money paid and all legit. Pick up exam card which only has two subjects on it so somewhere along the line my culture subject is missing. No biggy, completed an add drop form to have it input. Now this form is supposed to be done in triplicate so how is this done...by writing up the form 3 times cuz they ain't got no carbon and the form not carbonized. So much for technology..heh heh heh. So i decide to check the timetable for the exam schedule which is online....ha!!! now I'm only registered for one exam...Very interesting!!! So guess what... half of Saturday morning is spent in the school office completing another uncarbonized, no carbon triplicate form. Asked about the exam schedule and was given a 41 page printout to search through. Anyway, I found my dates so I have exams next week Monday, Friday and the following Thursday. Well spaced out so I hope they don't change it. At least they will have enough time to sort out the timetables between now and the first exam which luckily is the one left on my schedule. I thought I had been rid of this assignment at work but it came back on Friday evening. One day at a time through it though. The inefficiency at school is now so common place that I simply plan for it so it loses the harsh effect it once had. I'm convinced that they can't do any better. Study has started for exams so blogging will now take a back seat until 6th May. That's not to say I will stop but I will pay less attention to how frequently I post and comment so please don't get offended if you see me missing...school. The topics that I need to cover for exams are nuff nuf but for the most part managable so that is good. Anyway leftovers tonight but day old stew peas always taste the best. I gone grab some food people see you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scratch...sounds like your place of Tertiary Education needs a likkle help....triplicate, and man mus write it 3 time...inna 2005? Mix up course and timetable. So much for Registration eh??

Anyway, all the best with the exams...mash dem dung.

Hmmm...day old stew peas?? Mind we haffi change you name from Scratchie to Gassie!
;-)) Dr. D.

Anonymous said...

BTW Scratch...the church did still standing afta Omar step een? Him 'tink God a sleep? :-)) Dr. D.

Abeni said...

All the best with the exams.Your school needs to get better organised.I gues sthey just taking the students for granted.I have friends doing UWIDITE courses and still have not received their results and Semester 2 nealy done.

Mad Bull said...

Good luck, Sir Scratchie!

Jdid said...

your school needs help

Anonymous said...

well I had a terrible experience while teaching part of a course up there and I vowed never again would I accept any teaching posts there.

Very disorganized. I dont suppose UWI is any better though.

Yamfoot said...

that was yamfoot who posted that last comment.

something's up with blogger comments!