Thursday, November 04, 2004

For the HR persons out there.

EMPLOYER'S LINGO "Competitive Salary" We remain competitive by paying less than our competitors. "Join Our Fast-Paced Team" We have no time to train you. "Casual Work Atmosphere" We don't pay enough to expect that you'll dress up. "Must be Deadline Oriented" You'll be six months behind schedule on your first day. "Some Overtime Required" Some time each night and some time each weekend. "Duties Will Vary" Anyone in the office can boss you around. "Must Have an Eye For Detail" We have no quality control. "Career-Minded"Female applicants must be childless and remain that way. "Apply in Person"If you're old, fat, or ugly, you'll be told the position has been filled. "No Phone Calls Please"We've filled the job. Our call for resumes is just a legal formality. "Seeking Candidates With a Wide Variety of Experience "You'll need it to replace the three people who just left. "Problem-Solving Skills a Must"You're walking into a company in perpetual chaos. "Requires Team Leadership Skills"You'll have the responsibilities of a manager, without the pay or respect. "Good Communication Skills"Management communicates, you listen, figure out what they want, and do it. EMPLOYEE'S LINGO "I'm extremely adept at all manner of office organization"I've used Microsoft Office. "I'm honest, hardworking and dependable"I pilfer office supplies. "My pertinent work experience includes..."I hope you don't ask me about all the McJobs I've had. "I take pride in my work"I blame others for my mistakes. "I'm personable"I give lots of unsolicited personal advice to coworkers. "I'm extremely professional"I carry a Day-Timer. "I am adaptable"I've changed jobs a lot. "I am on the go"I'm never at my desk. "I'm highly motivated to succeed"The minute I find a better job, I'm outta there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the last one! Dr. D.

Angry Dog said...

Scratchie, I like that...as Dr. D. said, the last one is very good (sounds just like me!). Anyhow, fun and joke aside, I really think that the one about looking for someone with a variety of skills applies to me. When I interviewed for my job, they told me that I needed to teach both Comp. Sci. and MIS--found out later that they fired two people and hired me to replace them both!

{arf,arf}

Anonymous said...

AD, in addition, they are probably paying you LESS than either of the two they had before! Dr. D.

Angry Dog said...

Yow Doc, you hit the nail right on the head--they do pay me lesser than the two of them, but what the hell, beggars can't be choosers!

{arf,arf}

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog yesterday. It's the 2nd most interesting Jamaican blog I've come across ... Mine being the 1st of course.

More time.

Anonymous said...

To the person who said that your blog is second most interesting Jamaican blog, hey post your URL nuh?
Scratchie, I liked this post, it was funny.

Thus spake Mad Bull

Stu said...

LOL!