Monday, November 15, 2004

Weekend Runnings

Hi all, I have been absent for a while. I have been reading the various blogs but have not had the time to do any posting. It's getting close to the end of the semester so tests are killing me. Last week I had to have minor surgical procedure done. The doctors had to lance a swelling by my right ear. No pain killers no local nothing just swoops with a scapel. Damn wicked female doctors yuh si. Anyway it seems to be on the mend. I heard from the lawyer handling the sale of my house and it seems as if things are going well. It should be complete by early December. Keeping toes fingers arms legs etc crossed. I was blog surfing earlier and in reading some of the stuff people write you realize that there are some sick mofo's out there. I have seen everything from illogical reasoning to racism and it certainly is an eye opener. It spans more than the culture differences we experience from our different backgrounds and upbringings. It goes to the very state of mind of the individuals who write some of these things. It makes you very afraid to even have some of these people reading your documents for fear that some of the crap they emit somehow affects your way of thinking. My son looks at some of the really outrageous cars on the roads with the racing wings and full body kits and says that they just buy a Sport Compact Car magazine and let the credit card do the talking whether or not the parts match or look good or were even designed for the car. He advocates that people should be made to take a sanity test before they are allowed to buy some magazines. I am advocating that some people need to take a test before they are allowed to publish their thoughts let alone act on these thoughts. Some of my surfing was really distressing. Ladies and Gentlemen there are some really sick people out there. Be careful about the amount of info you present on your blogs. Be careful who you trust because sometimes it is not the people who respond that we need to worry about but rather the ones raking in the info on the side or those who visit our sites by accident and by way of others. Let us all strive to ensure a positive blog experience for each other. By this I don't mean to agree when you disagree but rather agree to disagree in the best possible manner not the four page discourses I have seen taking place on other sites. Thank God I haven't seen that in our circle and as a matter of fact I look forward to making the rounds within our readership. I lwelcome new readers and I like interacting with new people but ...it worries me sometimes. Think about what I have said. Have you ever experience racism in a real way?

3 comments:

Scratchie said...

Yes it was an abscess. She had mentioned all you said. I knew from onset that it was going to be painful I was just being cruel to her. She is actually a very systematic and versed Doc. I feel very comfortable going to her. She explains everything that she is going to do. Not to mention that she laughs at my corny jokes too. (And not too bad looking either..heh heh heh).

Anonymous said...

Scratchie, doh listen to that quack, the ooman docta did wikid, yu hear! Cho. Dem feel that dem can cause us so much pain and we must not say anything? More fyah! ;-)

Sometimes I wonder if I don't have too much info out there on my blog too... Oh well.

I haven't experienced racism directly either, but have seen its being practised on others too.

Thus spake Mad Bull

Anonymous said...

I live pretty much in "Red Neck" country and I must say that I have not noticed any true racism directed towards me. However, that may just be that I do not notice it. I tend to treat everyone with a smile, whether I know them or not. My friend who is also Jamaican and lives within an hour of me, but not in Toronto, says that she feels racism often, and says that I may not because I block it with my smile.

If so, I am happy to do that. I do not have time for racism. I must admit though, that whereas I do not look out for it in regards to myself, I certainly do when it comes to my children. Kidlets 1 and 3 are more noticably of mixed heritage, but oddly enough, No. 2, who is looks more white than the other two, is the one who has the hardest time, thinking that others are being racist towards him.

I have often wondered aloud to Popsy if we are doing a diservice to our children by bringing them up in the "country". However, there are so many advantages here that they would not get in the city. For instance, we have no gangs...very little crime and not as much drugs in the schools. I think sometimes that it could be because Kidlet No 2 does not want to identify with the "white people" and yet, can't quite identify with the "black peope" (of which there are few and far between up here I can tell you.)

I just tell them that they are "brownings" because they cannot deny their father and of course, there is no way they could ever deny me...I would not let them I'm too in their faces for that anyway :-)

Chaw man, that is why I love the Jamaican motto "OUT OF MANY, ONE PEOPLE" The world would be a much better place if we all thought so and lived it.

Ciya