Tuesday, November 02, 2004

This is the day...

Good morning all. Finally made it to a computer. I moved over the weekend and it was HECTICCCCCC!!!!!! Tiredness buss mi clothes box. I am now living out of boxes, can't find anything, no cable, couldn't find the rag to bathe with....all in all madness. Moving to a new place always presents its share of adjustments so I guess I'll deal with those as they come. Well, the US votes today. I hope that the peoples' will be realized. In Jamaica our elections are always clouded by violence and suspicion of fraud. Currently there is infighting in the JLP about who should succeed the current leader when he retires at the end of the year. The very visible battle is only hurting the party even more than it has been hurt by the actions of its leader(s) in the past few years and if they continue as they are now, they stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning the next general elections. As a matter of fact the snowball has a better chance. Other than that things are quiet at home here in JA. Christmas carols are playing in increased frequency on the airwaves and the place has gotten a bit cooler so that special time of year is around the corner. Anyway more projects due so back to the old book work. Tek it easy nuh!

6 comments:

Angry Dog said...

Scratchie, I see you didn't get the beast of neverending misfortune by the name of Dr. D. to help you with the move! Anyhow, I'm glad you made the move still rude bwoy and that it's over--don't worry about the box living still, it'll soon be home again ;)

{arf,arf}

Anonymous said...

i like your site. i got it from Madbull. My name is Aurie: Experience Aurie dot com.

I just wanted to hail up Kingston and dem tings. Keep up the good werk.

Good luck with the move. Listening to your post, makes me miss all things Jamaican sometimes.

Scratchie said...

Bwoy AD the Dog ... oops I mean Doc dodge mi the whole time an tell mi bout how long im spen inna medical school etc. but I'll catch up with him.

Thanks for the visit Aurie. Glad you liked it. Please visit often and comments are always welcome. I've been over by you. I like the colour scheme.

Anonymous said...

Be glad its over, dude! Hopefully you'll be back in your own place soon too, so that you don't have to move anytime soon again.
Mek we see what happens in this horse race later nuh? TTYL - Mad Bull

Anonymous said...

'beast of never ending misfortune'....?????

You know, I think is 'bout time we send that Damn Dawg to the POUND!!!

Scratchie, I fully agree with you about the JLP and their never ending squabble. They are behaving in a truly dismal way and I don't see them winning another election. The PNP must be just laughing to themselves when they see what dem carrying on wid. (Mek de gwaan man...more votes for the orange crew!)

If Bush doesn't get chopped down we haffi declare a period of mourning here in the blogdom. No posts for a few days! Dr. D.

Stu said...

Scratchie, regarding your comemnt about Jamaican elections clouded with violence... I reflected on that while I was standing in line to vote on Tuesday. I definitely recognized that I felt "safe" and unintimidated.